As of April 27, VALORANT Patch 2.08 is here. The long-awaited sixth map, Breeze will now be playable. Coach slots are available in custom Tournament Mode games.
New Map: Breeze
The new map, Breeze, officially released with this patch. Set on a remote island with bright beaches and dark towers, Breeze is a map set up with lots of open space. The map will also feature perfect spots for long range encounters, so get your snipers ready. For now, Breeze will only be available in Unrated queues. There will also be a specific “Breeze only” queue for Unrated, so that players can jump right in and grind the new map. After the two week period, Breeze will then be playable in the competitive gameplay mode. It is important to note that after the two week period, the “Breeze only” queue will be disabled. It then follows that Breeze will be in the rotation just like the rest of VALORANT’s playable maps.
Breeze will also be available for Deathmatch, Spike Rush, and Escalation right away. So if players are looking for shorter matches, but still want to be able to check out the new map, they can. Custom games will also have the option to select Breeze without any wait period.
Related: [Mnimpap of the New VALORANT Map Breeze Leaks]
Just a minor update for Competitive matches aside from the Breeze queues. This Act is the last one to work for the Episode 2 Rank Reward, which will be awarded after the end of Act III. Keep this in mind and keep grinding those ranks.
Game System Updates: Coach Slots
VALORANT patch 2.08 introduces Coach slots to VALORANT. Coach slots are available in Tournament Mode Custom Games. Since this is just the beginning, players will notice that Coach functionality will be limited. This is something that VALORANT developers are continuing to expand. The role of coaching within VALORANT is being developed with coaches from the VCT ecosystem.
Coach Slot Functionality:
- Coaches can spectate Tournament Mode games and are locked to observing the team chosen in the custom game lobby.
- Coaches cannot use Map Pings, Team Chat, or Voice Chat in-game.
- Coaches can use All Chat and Party Chat to allow for cases where they may need to communicate with a Tournament Moderator.
- Coaches can pause a match in cases where that functionality is allowed to players.
Quality of Life and Social Updates
HRTF has been doing well since its release. Developers have added weapon drop sounds to HRTF in VALORANT’s patch 2.08. We should expect more updates from HRTF to come.
Reporter feedback has finally been added into the game. Those who report disruptive players will be notified once actions have been taken, “Thanks for helping make VALORANT a better place for everyone and keep those reports coming :),” VALORANT developers noted.
Warnings have also been enabled for first-time offenders who need to be reminded of in-game code of conduct. This warning system should hopefully convince disruptive players to think twice about their actions.
- Fixed Killjoy’s Turret and Alarmbot icons disappearing when disabled
- Fixed Astra and Brimstone’s smokes from blocking flashes even when you are not fully inside them
- Fixed Viper’s Toxic Screen going longer than intended when it passed through the teleporter on Bind
- Fixed Viper’s Poison Cloud pickup distance being 200 instead of the intended 400
- Improved performance of Astra’s Nebula VFX on low settings
- Fixed a bug where, in Spike Rush, picking up the weapon upgrade orb with the Operator equipped would cause you to lose your Operator and receive nothing to replace it
- Now, you will keep your Operator, and will be granted a random secondary slot weapon.
- Fixed a bug that was causing rank icons to disappear in Match History
- Fixed a bug that was causing Act Rank badges to show up on map loading screens in non-competitive modes
You can ‘Like’ The Game Haus on Facebook and ‘Follow’ us on Twitter for more sports and esports articles from other great TGH writers along with Rene!
“From Our Haus to Yours”