On Tuesday October 13, VALORANT will finally unveil its latest map. Patch 1.10 marks the end of ACT II, and ushers in plenty of great updates to kick-off Act III. The biggest addition for Act III is the newest map Icebox, which players will be able to play straight away in unranked modes. There are also plenty of changes for tournament mode custom games, including several changes to make observing a little cleaner.
Check out the full patch notes here.
New Map: Icebox
- Icebox will be available in Unrated, Spike Rush, and Deathmatch modes
- Barring any major bugs, players can expect to play Icebox in competitive queues on October 27
- Early on in the patch, players will have a higher chance to play Icebox
- Vision cones accuracy improved for these maps
- Players can now select their preferred server, increasing the change you will play on a server players want
- Rank disparity for parties capped at 3 tiers
- Immortal+ ranked changes will only be impacted by winning and losing, and the decisiveness of the game outcome and not factor individual performance into the calculation
- Increased player count from 10 to 14
- Updated spawning to encourage safer spawns
- Removed periodic location pulse, and now will only received a pulse on respawn
- Increased match length, first to 40 with a 9 minute timer
- Kill reloads: On every kill, players get an automatic immediate full reload of their weapon.
- XP gain increased from 500 too 900
- Players will now be able to add and view friend notes. Notes from League of Legends will transer over to VALORANT
- Social panel will now pause sorting for a short time while players interact with it
Quality of Life and Bug Fixes
- Tournament mode enabled custom games can now fit p to 12 observers
- Requested guns can now be sold back to the shop, doing so will refund the player whole fulfilled the request
- Observers can now hold walk when in freecam mode to reduce speed
- In-world pings are now team-colored for observers
- Plant/Defuse progress UI is now always visible to observers, and includes which player is taking the action
- Various Shooting Range UI bug fixes in the plant/defuse module, including incorrect text in the buy phase announcement, also adding a halfway tick to the defuse progress bar
- Fixed a bug where other players’ messages would be forcefully filtered out of chat after you sent a message
Featured image courtesy of Riot Games
You can like The Game Haus on Facebook! And make sure to follow us on Twitter for more sports and esports articles from other TGH writers.
Follow me on Twitter @esportsbrock for more updates on VALORANT and Overwatch