On Tuesday September 1, VALORANT announced one of their largest batch of changes since the end of ACT 1. Several agents were given a couple of buffs, while Sage is once again slammed by the nerf hammer. A few changes to the Vandal could give the gun some more play time compared to the Phantom. Patch 1.07 is sure to change up how some of these solo-queue games will play out, so make sure to check out the latest updates.
Check out the full patch notes here.
- Off-screen flashes now match behavior of other flashes in the game and apply a minimum amount of flash more aggressively.
- Charges increased from 2 to 3.
- Reduced windup time from 0.6 seconds to 0.5 seconds.
- Rolling Thunder
- Detonation delay between blasts decreased from 0.3 to 0.255.
- Concuss now de-scopes players and prevents re-scoping.
- Added a brief windup before damage begins.
- Damage per second reduced from 60 to 40.
- Visual effects have been addded to make it easier to spot the grenade on the ground. Stealth audio range has been slightly increased.
- No longer revealed by Sova’s Recon Bolt.
- More effectively shoots at an enemy’s last known location.
- Heal reduced from 100 health over 5 seconds, to 60 health over 5 seconds..
- Self heal reduced from 100 health over 5 seconds, to 60 health over 5 seconds
- Slow Orb
- Size reduced by 30%.
- Barrier Orb
- Cost reduced from 400 credits to 300 credits.
- Fortifying Barrier: Wall forms at 400 health. After a 3 second delay, the wall becomes fortified to 800 health.
- Updated the physics on Sova’s cape so that it should widdle outside his hitbox less frequently.
- Polish work on Sova’s first person hands to bring them up to fidelity bar of the rest of the agents.
- Toxic Screen
- Can now be placed during the buy phase of rounds, through spawn barriers.
- Toxic Screen now goes up faster along it’s full length once it starts to form.
- Decay on all smoke abilities no longer affects allies.
- Viper’s Pit
- The area of Viper’s Pit is now shown on her team’s minimap when deployed.
- When getting headshot by a shotgun, the aimpunch will be lower than all the other weapons.
- Hitting an enemy past 10 meters will apply a different ragging value to them instead of the standard tagging.
- New tagging: 30% slow for 0.5 seconds on a smooth curve going back to normal speed.
- 1st falloff range reduced from 9 meters to 7 meters.
- Updated headshot multiple from 3x to 2x.
- Price increased from 1500 credits to 1600 credits.
- Increased firing rate from 9.25 to 9.75.
- Increased damage from 39 to 40.
- Players now have the ability to remake a match if a match starts 4v5.
- Players can vote for a remake at the start of the second round, if a player did not connect through the entirety of the first round.
- The match does not affect MMR or reward any experience.
- Players who did not connect will lose the full amount of MMR.
- Players can now hide their identity from non-party members of each team.
- They can also hide the names of other players in the match.
Quality of Life Changes
In the ever-expanding effort for VALORANT to become more esport ready, patch 1.07 offers plenty of new updated observer tools. Here are some of the highlights from the patch notes regarding changes to the observer function.
- Observer Changes
- Can now toggle aim lines for players.
- Can change which team outlines are visible.
- Corpse markers shown when corpses are disabled now obey colorblind rules.
- Should now see the money on the HUD for the player they are spectating.
- Can now toggle first person arms.
Featured image courtesy of Riot Games
You can like The Game Haus on Facebook! And make sure to follow us on Twitter for more sports and esports articles from other TGH writers.
Follow me on Twitter @esportsbrock for more updates on VALORANT and Overwatch