As Act I of the VALORANT Episode structure comes to a close, a new patch is here to usher in Act II. The latest patch is jammed packed with all new content for audiences to enjoy. In patch 1.05, players are given access to the new agent Killjoy. There are also a few changes to familiar agents and the introduction of a brand new Deathmatch game mode.
Check out the full patch notes here.
- Killjoy joins the roster
- A new contract has been added to unlock her and her associated rewards.
- Equip time increased from 1.1 seconds to 1.4 seconds
- Quick equip time increased from 0.5 seconds to 0.7 seconds
- VFX reduced when firing rocket
- VFX on rocket’s tail slightly reduced
- Blast Pack
- Damage decreased from 75 to 50
- Damage to objects now always does 600
Competitive Queue Changes
- Act Ranks are now available in game.
- The ranked season is over for Act I, and Act II starts with patch 1.05
- To determine a Act II rank, players need to play three matches of competitive. New and currently unranked players will need to still need to play five matches.
- Players may see a decrease in re-ranking, as a way to ensure the ranking is correct.Performance will have a larger impact in early games.
- Matchmaking favors matches with similar amounts of party sizes. Queues will be slightly longer due to the focus on even games.
- Match history now shows the rank associated with the player when they started the match, not what the rank was after the match.
- Players can view friends carrer tab via the “Social” panel
Game Mode Changes
- New game mode, Deathmatch, is added to VALORANT
- 10-Player free-for-all
- First to 30 kills with a time limit of 6 minutes
- No abilities, only gun play
- Agents are random
- Infinite economy
- Killing an enemy will drop a health pack. Health pack refreshes health, armor, and automatically reloads the weapon
- All enemies are periodically shown on the map
- Game mode will be limited for specific windows of time, with the first window being Wednesday August 5.
Bug Fixes and Quality of Life
- Players now receive a notification for successful reports
- Store offers no longer include things already owned
- Fixed an issue where Reyna did not get her full heal if it began right when her overheal started to decay
- Resolved an issue where only one team was able to vote to surrender if both queued the vote at the same time
- Fixed a bug where Phoenix could plant the Spike off the bomb site if he finished planting after Run it Back ended
- Fixed a bug where Phoenix could in rare cases auto-defuse the Spike if he was defusing the Spike whe Run it Back ended
- General fixes to tournament mode, moderators, and game modifiers
- Fixed an exploit where spamming inspect with a macro could cause server lag
Featured image courtesy of Riot Games
You can like The Game Haus on Facebook! And make sure to follow us on Twitter for more sports and esports articles from other TGH writers.
Follow me on Twitter @esportsbrock for more updates on VALORANT and Overwatch