After a brief scare on the competitive ladder, VALORANT has announced its latest patch jam-packed with agent updates. In patch 1.04, Viper finally received what hopes to be the necessary buffs to get her to a competitive level. As always, there are some more bug fixes and quality of life changes.
Check out the full patch notes here.
- Orbital Strike cost changed from 6 to 7 points
- Stim Beacon no longer buffs enemies and no longer shows its effect radius to enemies
- Brimstone’s arms look nicer
- Cyber Cage can now be picked up during the buy phase
- Showstopper cost changed from 6 to 7 points
- Viper’s Pit
- Max duration outside of her ultimate before it collapses increased from 5 to 12 seconds.
- Viper can hold the ability key to drop the ultimate early
- Enemies in Viper’s Pit have their minimap obscured and do not provide minimap detection to their allies
- Increased the brightness of the red enemy glow at the edge of Viper’s near-sight
- Enemy decay per second increased from 10 to 15 from all sources
- After exiting Viper’s smoke, enemy decay sustains for 2.5 seconds before starting to fade
- Having both Poison Cloud and Toxic Screen active does not consume additional fuel beyond the cost of having one active
- Fixed a bug where running inaccuracy on the right-click was much higher than intended
- Fixed a bug where jumping had no inaccuracy penalty
- Running spread is changed from 3.4 to 2.1
- Walking spread changed from 1.9 to 1.95
- Added a 10% bonus to accuracy when crouching or stationary
- Fixed a bug where Reyna had to look at Soul Orbs to activate them and maintain her healing
- Fixed one-way Brimstone smokes when the player’s camera was around the top of the smoke
- Shortened the text on photosensitivity warning screen
- Fixed Breach’s Aftershock not properly applying damage when multiple people were affected by it
- Fixed jittering when reaching the max height for Sova’s drone
- Equip button no longer stays greyed out when purchasing a skin variant that is being previewed
- Fixed Marshall bug where weapon maintained accuracy while walking
- Fixed a typo in Brimstone’s biography
Featured image courtesy of Riot Games
You can like The Game Haus on Facebook! And make sure to follow us on Twitter for more sports and esports articles from other TGH writers.
Follow me on Twitter @esportsbrock for more updates on VALORANT and Overwatch