Just a few short weeks after the addition of four new champs, TFT is bringing yet another new champion into the mix in patch 9.17. Along with several other changes to current champs, Pantheon will be added as the game’s newest Guardian. Here is a quick breakdown of Pantheon and the other changes coming in the latest patch notes.
- Cost: 5 Gold
- Origin: Dragon
- Class: Guardian
- Ability: Grand Starfall – Pantheon leaps in the air, crashing down towards the farthest enemy, stunning them for 4/6/8 seconds. Enemies in Pantheon’s path take 15%/30%/45% of their Maximum Health as Magic Damage. They then burn for an additional 20% of their Maximum Health as True Damage over 10 seconds. Applies Grievous Wounds.
These changes are more on the macro level and affect how the game is played for all players in a given game, rather than players simply opting to play one class or the other. Here are those changes for patch 9.17:
- The first carousel now has all 2-cost units.
- Ghost armies now benefit from Trait bonuses.
- Attack Speed cap has been increased from 2.5 to 5.0.
- Update to tooltips for clarity, scaling numbers with Ability Power.
Because there is a lot to cover here, consult the official TFT patch 9.17 announcement for more of a breakdown on the changes coming to classes. However, it is worth noting the major changes.
Assassins are getting changed a bit, now getting an increased critical hit chance but at the cost of a lower overall critical hit damage. They are also jumping a little bit later now, hopefully to give them better access to enemy backlines.
Shapeshifters should now have a little better time transforming. Nidalee, Gnar and Shyvana all have a reduced transformation cost and Jayce will now transform at max mana regardless of whether or not anyone is in range.
Individual Champion Changes
Again, several of these changes deal with lots fo numbers and can be tedious to comb through when bulleted out. These can be found in full on the official TFT patch 9.17 announcement, but the most key changes can be seen below.
Both Warwick and Lissandra are getting buffed in their total Health, while Lissandra is also getting a change to her Mana and a large buff to her Ability Damage. Gangplank and Leona are both receiving nerfs to Ability Damage and Stun Duration, respectably. Otherwise, both Graves and Lucian are getting tweaks to the way their rate of fire or attack speed interact in different situations. Each of these seems to be a slight buff.
These changes both reduce the amount of healing prevention that comes from Grievous Wounds and also reduces the effects of other healing items. Here is the complete list of those changes.
- Grievous Wounds Healing Reduction: 100% ⇒ 80%
- The Bloodthirster Healing: 50% of Damage ⇒ 40% of Damage
- Hextech Gunblade Healing: 33% of Damage ⇒ 25% of Damage
- Swain Demonflare Healing: 50/90/130 ⇒ 40/70/100
- Redemption Healing: 1500 ⇒ 1200
Outside of these changes, there are several routine bugfixes and other miscellaneous tweaks that can all be seen on the official announcement page that is linked above.
As a reminder, Patch 9.17 is scheduled to go live on Wednesday, August 28. In the meantime, be sure to check out the latest Origin, Class, Champion and Item tier lists from The Game Haus and stay tuned for more upcoming news on the latest patches and tournaments.
Follow me on Twitter: @GoopyKnoopy I would love to dialogue with you about anything I’ve written!
You can also shoot me a line on Discord! (GoopyKnoopy#2205)
Featured Image Courtesy of League of Legends
Follow The Game Haus for more sports and esports coverage.
“From Our Haus to Yours”