With patches every couple of weeks, TFT players need to make sure that they are keeping up with all of the changes. Some are extremely important and can change the Meta immensely, while others likely won’t. Either way, it is important for players to stay up to date on what changes are coming and how they could affect their playstyle. With that, here are the TFT Patch 12.1 Notes.
[Related: What is the TFT Set 6.5 Release Date?]
- Arcanist Heart now also grants a Swain
- Challenger Heart now also grants a Warwick & Quinn
- Protector Heart no longer grants a Blitzcrank
- Scholar Heart now also grants a Lissandra & Zyra
- Scrap Heart now also grants an Ekko & Blitzcrank
- Twinshot Heart now also grants a Graves & Kog’Maw
- Assassin Crest now also grants a Ekko & Talon
- Arcanist Crest now also grants a Twisted Fate & Swain
- Challenger Crest now also grants a Warwick & Quinn
- Chemtech Crest now also grants a Zac & Warwick
- Imperial Crest now also grants a Talon & Swain
- Mutant Crest no longer grants a Kog’Maw
- Scrap Crest now also grants an Ekko & Blitzcrank
It almost feels like some of the older sets with this change coming to TFT 12.1 Patch Notes. Trying to get certain trait bonuses and deeper ones will be easier than ever. Not only that, but major units are being added for each one making it very worth it to grab them if it wasn’t already. Even if some of these units do not work with the specific comp at the time, they are likely showing up early enough to give a little gold boost.
This is certainly surprising that they are adding more to most of these Augments but it really does feel like they want to reward players who are trying to go for the homerun comps with deep traits like Arcanist 8 and so on. If this continues into 6.5, it wouldn’t be surprising to see Spats just become player’s taking chances on getting an extra unit, rather than using them for certain emblems.
- Bonus Health for equipped units: 200/300/400 ⇒ 150/250/350
Cybernetics were always strong in Set 3 and players were using this Augment more often. Feels like this nerf should balance it out a bit more.
Lifelong Learning (Scholar)
- REWORKED now guaranteed grants Scholars 2 Ability Power after each combat and an additional 2 Ability Power if they survive combat
Scholars get a really nice buff here when picking this Augment. If player’s can get it early, they could work their way into the meta in a more serious way.
Portable Forge Armory
- Death’s Defiance now grants 20% Omnivamp
While most of the other Ornn items still feel strong, on certain champions this could be quite the pickup.
- Attack Damage and Ability Power per active trait: 3/4/5 ⇒ 2/3/4
Nothing too crazy to see here. Seems like a standard nerf for an Augment that was increasing in popularity.
- Tooltip now properly reflects the damage reduction applied to the excess damage from the instance of damage that triggers the stealth
- Damage Reduction: 100% ⇒ 80%
- Shrug It Off max Health regen percentage: 2.5% ⇒ 3%
It feels like assassins are continuing to be hit. Smoke Bomb was normally a very easy choice, especially early in the game. Now the nerf won’t completely knock out the Augment from being picked but it will cause the player to pause and consider other options.
Sunfire Board and Weakspot are no longer mutually exclusive
This is for the reduced healing meaning that they will no longer stack. Still combined both are strong for AD heavy boards but the 50 percent reduced healing not stacking makes these two not as strong when picked together.
- Ardent Censer (Enchanter) bonus Attack Speed: 40% ⇒ 50%
- Ascension Damage amplification after 15 seconds: 65% ⇒ 50%
- Duet bonus Health: 500 ⇒ 400
- Makeshift Armor bonus Armor & Magic Resist: 30/45/60 ⇒ 35/55/75
- Spellblade empowered attack Ability Power scaling after casting: 200% ⇒ 225%
- Woodland Charm copy Health: 1500 ⇒ 1600
- Tyrant Bonus Damage: 75/125 ⇒ 75/150%
- Imperial Units Bonus Damage: 0/75 ⇒ 0/50%
It seems pretty clear that they are wanting players to go for Imperial 5 more often without making it too strong. This does nerf Imperial 3 though in a pretty strong fashion so anyone wanting to go Imperials will have to commit.
- Chemtech Damage Reduction percentage: 25 ⇒ 20
- Chemtech max Health regen: 3/4/7/12 ⇒ 3/5/8/15%
- Chemtech Attack Speed: 20/50/80/125% ⇒ 15/50/90/135%
- Metamorphosis Attack Damage and Ability Power growth: 1/2 ⇒ 2/4
- Innovator Mechanical Bear base Health: 750 ⇒ 850
- Innovator Mechanical Bear Armor & Magic Resist: 60 ⇒ 70
- Socialite 2 Mana regen per second: 5 ⇒ 3
- Syndicate 7 bonus amplification: 33% ⇒ 50%
- Yordle, 1-cost spawn odds: 60% ⇒ 70%
- Yordle, 2-cost spawn odds: 25% ⇒ 20%
- Yordle, 3-cost spawn odds: 15% ⇒ 10%
- Yordle (6) Mana reduction: 20% ⇒ 25%
- Ace in the Hole Damage: 800/1400/2250 ⇒ 800/1400/2000
Caitlyn has often been a very strong one-cost unit, especially when three-starred. This nerf may be enough for players to go with Trist or Miss Fortune as a pairing with Jhin instead of Caitlyn.
- Garen Attack Damage: 60 ⇒ 70
- Graves max Mana buff: 80/120 ⇒ 50/100
- Illaoi Harsh Lesson Damage: 175/300/500 ⇒ 200/325/550
- Illaoi Harsh Lesson Healing: 25/30/35% ⇒ 25/30/40%
- Kassadin Null Sphere damage reduction: 30% ⇒ 25%
- Kassadin Null Sphere damage reduction duration: 4 seconds ⇒ 5 seconds
- Twisted Fate Wild Cards damage: 145/190/255 ⇒ 155/205/275
- Death’s Hand Healing per enemy hit: 200/230/300 ⇒ 225/250/350
With the Imperial changes, this buff to Swain is much strong than many may realize. There is a chance that Imperial 5 with a three-star Swain could be coming for the meta.
- Kog’Maw BarrageDamage: 7/8/9% ⇒ 8/8/8%
- Talon Attack Speed: 0.7 ⇒ 0.75
- Zilean Time Bomb Slow Duration: 3 ⇒ 4 sec
- Heimerdinger Attack Range: 3 ⇒ 4
- Malzahar Spell Damage: 700/850/1000 ⇒ 650/850/1100
- Ekko Parallel Convergence Damage: 150/200/350 ⇒ 175/225/375
- Lissandra Iron Maiden Damage: 225/300/500 ⇒ 250/325/550
- Samira Health: 650 ⇒ 700
- Vex Health: 800 ⇒ 850
- Seraphine max Mana buff: 80/160 ⇒ 80/150
- Seraphine Encore Damage & Healing: 250/400/1000 ⇒ 275/450/1200
- Orianna max Mana buff: 50/140 ⇒ 50/130
- Sion Decimating Smash Stun Duration: 2/3/6 ⇒ 2.5/3/6 sec
- Sion Decimating Smash Damage: 100/200/500 ⇒ 125/200/500
- Urgot Purge now counts as a basic attack every: 2nd shot ⇒ 3rd shot
- Yone Health: 950 ⇒ 900
- Galio critical strike Slam Bonus Damage: 80/125/1999 ⇒ 70/100/1999
- Galio Colossal Entrance base Stun Duration: 1.25/1.75/9.5 ⇒ 1.5/1.75/9.5 sec
- Kai’Sa Health: 900 ⇒ 850
- Kai’Sa Icathian Monsoon Damage per missile: 80/100/180 ⇒ 70/90/180
- Kai’Sa starting Mana nerf: 90/150 ⇒ 75/150
- Tahm Kench Devour Damage Reduction: 40% ⇒ 30%
- Tahm Kench at 3-stars will now gain twenty times the usual stats when fed an allied unit.
- Viktor max Mana buff: 0/150 ⇒ 0/140
- Guardian Angel Health on revive: 400 ⇒ 250
- Morellonomicon True Damage burn: 2.5% a sec ⇒ 2% a sec
- Rapid Firecannon total Attack Speed: 50% ⇒ 60%
- Sunfire Cape Proc Rate: 2.5 sec ⇒ 2 sec
- Sunfire Cape True Damage Burn: 2.5% a sec ⇒ 2% a sec
- Zz’Rot Portal Health in stage 2: 1500 (unchanged)
- Zz’Rot Portal Health in stage 3: 1700 ⇒ 1800
- Zz’Rot Portal Health in stage 4: 1900 ⇒ 2100
- Zz’Rot Portal Health in stage 5: 2250 ⇒ 2500
- Chalice of Power bonus Ability Power: 30% ⇒ 35%
- Statikk Shiv bonus Attack Speed: 15% ⇒ 10%
TFT 12.1 Patch Notes Bug Fixes
- Eternal Winter no longer applies a temporary VFX below the unit when frozen
- Fixed an issue where Garen with Blue Buff would stop gaining mana in rare situations
- Frozen Heart generated by Scrap will now properly remove its Attack Speed slow when its holder dies
- Caitlyn’s and Fiora’s Ability will now properly cast when targeting an invulnerable unit (e.g., Colossus with Armor Plating)
- Double Up: There will now always be a winning team visible during the victory sequence, even if all teams were reduced to 0 health in the final battle.
- Double Up: Players no longer continually take massive damage after surrendering.
- Seraphine’s tooltip now specifies that she casts at the largest group of enemy units.
- Academy Heart’s tooltip now states that it grants a Katarina.
You can find more articles like “TFT Patch 12.1 Notes” and you can ‘Like’ The Game Haus on Facebook and ‘Follow’ us on Twitter for more sports and esports articles from other great TGH writers along with Robert!
“From Our Haus to Yours”