This week’s fantasy baseball pitchers with two starts list has four elite pitchers and plenty of average options to choose from.
The pitchers below rank between one and five stars with five stars being the better of the group.
Five Star Pitchers
- Max Scherzer: June 25 @ MIA, June 30 @ DET
- Clayton Kershaw: June 24 @ ARI, June 29 @ COL
- Gerrit Cole: June 25 vs PIT, June 30 vs SEA
- Zack Greinke: June 24 vs LAD, June 29 @ SF
Clayton Kershaw has two games on the road both in batters ballparks against tough hitting teams. Nevertheless, he should still be started in every league.
Scherzer broke his nose and still pitched a gem of a game the day after, proving his dominance.
Trust these pitchers to score 25 points and up per game.
Four Star Pitchers
- Zach Eflin: June 25 vs NYM, June 30 @ MIA
- Eduardo Rodriguez: June 24 vs CHW, June 30 vs NYY
- Kyle Gibson: June 25 vs TB, June 30 @ CHW
- Julio Tehran: June 24 @ CHC, June 29 @ NYM
- Adam Plutko: June 24 vs KC, June 30 @ BAL
The four-star pitchers this week could all be three-star pitchers but have favorable pitching match ups. Take advantage of this by selling high after the week or adding these players off waivers if unowned.
Zach Eflin has pitched three quality games in a row, however, he has received the loss in two of those despite only allowing two earned runs in each of those losses. Eflin needs more run support if he wants to win more games but the Phillies are in the midst of a seven-game losing streak.
Eduardo Rodriguez is on this list due to continued success getting strikeouts and getting wins. His first match up against the White Sox is an easier one but the Yankees have hit a home run in 26 straight games making that play risky.
Adam Plutko has the two easiest starts this week and should prove valuable to fantasy owners.
Expect the four-star pitchers to score between 20 and 25 points.
Three Star Pitchers
- Lucas Giolito: June 24 @ BOS, June 30 vs MIN
- Blake Snell: June 25 @ MIN, June 30 vs TEX
- Jake Arrieta: June 25 vs NYM, June 30 @ MIA
- Robbie Ray: June 25 vs LAD, June 30 @ SF
- Jon Lester: June 24 vs ATL, June 29 @ CIN
- Madison Bumgarner: June 25 vs COL, June 30 vs ARI
- Jon Gray: June 24 @ SF, June 29 vs LAD
- Zach Davies: June 25 vs SEA, June 30 vs PIT
- Max Fried: June 25 @CHC, June 30 @ NYM
- Andrew Heaney: June 25 vs CIN, June 30 vs OAK
- Steven Matz: June 24 @ PHI, June 29 vs ATL
- Marco Gonzales: June 25 @ MIL, June 30 @ HOU
- Trevor Richards: June 25 vs WSH, June 30 vs PHI
This week offers plenty of three-star options most of whom are struggling stars but should be started nonetheless.
Lucas Giolito has had some stellar games but a couple of rocky showings have fantasy managers worrisome. It’s hard to tell if Giolito is going to be a star in this league or if he’s going to bust. It’s best to be patient for now.
Blake Snell allowed six earned runs and only got one out in his last start. The start before that he allowed three earned runs through three and 1/3 innings. Expect him to bounce back but don’t expect consistency from Snell.
The Philadelphia Phillies have lost seven in a row and it’s hard to see them winning anytime soon. This limits Jake Arrieta’s value in the short term.
Robbie Ray hasn’t been struggling like some of the other three-star pitchers but he hasn’t been performing up to standard either.
This list of three-star pitchers can expect to see between 15 and 20 points per start.
Two Star Pitchers
- Chris Bassitt: June 25 @ STL, June 30 @ LAA
- Brad Keller: June 24 @ CLE, June 30 @ TOR
- Trevor Williams: June 25 @ HOU, June 30 @ MIL
- Jesse Chavez: June 25 @ DET, June 30 @ TB
- Ross Stripling: June 25 @ ARI, June 30 @ COL
The two-stars are risky plays in shallower leagues and could be a fantasy managers best or worst friend.
Jesse Chavez is the best option of the two-stars not due to his matchups but the matchups of the other pitchers.
Chris Bassitt is another solid option but relies heavily on strikeouts to earn fantasy points.
These pitchers should score only about seven to 15 points per start.
One Star Pitchers
- Aaron Sanchez: June 24 @ NYY, June 29 vs KC
- Drew Pomeranz: June 24 vs COL, June 29 vs ARI
- Jordan Zimmermann: June 25 vs TEX, June 30 vs WSH
- Clayton Richard: June 25 @ NYY, June 30 vs KC
The one-star pitchers should not be trusted with any start especially the tough teams they have to go against.
These pitchers probably won’t score more than 10 points and could even score negative points.