A key part of fantasy baseball is finding the two start pitchers who offer plenty of points. A two-start pitcher will have a game on Monday or Tuesday then finish the week by starting on Saturday or Sunday.
The pitchers below rank between one and five stars with five stars being the better of the group.
Five Star Pitchers
- Blake Snell: June 4 @ DET, June 8 @ BOS
- Aaron Nola: June 3 @ SD, June 9 vs CIN
- Walker Buehler: June 3 @ ARI, June 9 @ SF
- Noah Syndergaard: June 4 vs SF, June 9 vs COL
- James Paxton: June 5 @ TOR, June 9 @ CLE
- Max Fried: June 4 @ PIT, June 9 @ HOU
- Charlie Morton: June 5 @ DET, June 9 @ BOS
- Mike Minor: June 5 vs BAL, June 9 vs OAK
- Stephen Strasburg: June 4 vs CWS, June 9 @ SD
Mike Minor is the only starter on this list to question but his start against Baltimore should offer plenty of points.
Strasburg has the chance of being the highest scoring player this week. His season-long numbers are consistent and his matchups should be handled well by him.
The five-star pitchers are usually going to put up at least 25 points per start and all could reach 40.
Four Star Pitchers
- Kyle Hendricks: June 4 vs COL, June 9 @ STL
- Luis Castillo: June 4 @ STL, June 9 @ PHI
- Wade Miley: June 4 @ SEA, June 9 vs BAL
- Griffin Canning: June 4 vs OAK, June 9 vs SEA
- Masahiro Tanaka: June 4 @ TOR, June 8 @ CLE
- Madison Bumgarner: June 4 @ NYM, June 9 vs LAD
Kyle Hendricks is one of the hottest pitchers in baseball right now and should continue his winning ways.
Griffin Canning looks to continue his six-game streak of five or fewer hits while striking out five or more.
Tanaka has a couple of easy starts this week against two teams in the bottom five for run production.
Luis Castillo has struggled his last two starts and would normally be a five star. His matchups this week are tough and he could continue struggling.
Expect the four-star pitchers to score between 20 and 25 points.
Three Star Pitchers
- Robbie Ray: June 3 vs LAD, June 9 @ TOR
- Eduardo Rodriguez: June 4 @ KC, June 8 vs TB
- Shane Bieber: June 4 vs MIN, June 9 vs NYY
- Jakob Junis: June 4 vs BOS, June 9 vs CWS
- Pablo Lopez: June 4 @ MIL, June 9 vs ATL
- Zach Davies: June 4 vs MIA, June 9 vs PIT
- Martin Perez: June 4 @ CLE, June 9 @ DET
- Frankie Montas: June 4 @ LAA, June 8 @ TEX
- Daniel Mengden: June 5 @ LAA, June 9 @ TEX
- Eric Lauer: June 3 vs PHI, June 8 vs WSH
- Chris Paddack: June 4 vs PHI, June 9 vs WSH
Zach Davies seems to have the easiest matchups here but hasn’t been consistent enough to rank higher.
Chris Paddack is a candidate for rookie of the year but has to go against two tough offenses this week.
Both Daniel Mengden and Frankie Montas have had a solid first half but these two road games will make it hard to keep that going.
This list of three-star pitchers can expect to see between 15 and 20 points per start.
Two Star Pitchers
- Dylan Bundy: June 4 @ TEX, June 9 @ HOU
- Jon Lester: June 3 vs LAA, June 8 vs STL
- Corbin Martin: June 3 @ SEA, June 8 vs BAL
- Wade LeBlanc: June 3 vs HOU, June 8 @ LAA
- Drew Smyly, June 4 vs BAL, June 8 vs OAK
Bundy has been solid with striking batters out but has trouble going deep in games and allowing home runs. Both Texas and Houston have solid offenses both ranking top 10 in home runs. Bundy will have a hard week.
Corbin Martin could rank lower but has a solid matchup against Baltimore that might lead to points.
Jon Lester could be higher on this list but has been demolished his previous three starts. In those games, he has allowed a combined 25 hits and 16 runs.
These pitchers should score only about seven to 15 points per start.
One Star Pitchers
- Ryan Weber: June 5 @ KC, June 9 vs TB
- Ryan Carpenter: June 4 vs TB, June 9 vs MIN
- Trevor Cahill: June 3 @ CHC, June 8 vs SEA
- Genesis Cabrera: June 4 vs CIN, June 9 @ CHC
- Clayton Richard: June 4 vs NYY, June 9 vs ARI
Ryan Weber and Ryan Carpenter have both shown the potential for success in 2019. Weber is usable against Kansas City but Tampa Bay is a tough offense and could get roughed up.
The rest of the one-star pitchers should not be trusted in either of their matchups and could end up with negative points.