There are some big names in this weeks pitchers with two starts, however, the group is overall uninspiring.
The pitchers below rank between one and five stars with five-stars being the better of the group.
Five Star Pitchers
- Chris Sale: June 10 vs TEX, June 15 @ BAL
- Charlie Morton: June 10 vs OAK, June 15 vs LAA
- Hyun-Jin Ryu: June 10 vs NYM, June 16 @ CHW
- Mike Minor: June 10 @ BOS, June 15 @ CIN
Chris Sale headlines the five stars and looks to keep firing on all cylinders after pitching a complete game. The rest of the five stars are all owned in a majority of leagues and should be started without concern.
The five-star pitchers are usually going to put up at least 25 points per start and all could reach 40.
Four Star Pitchers
- Trevor Bauer: June 11 vs CIN, June 16 @ DET
- Chris Archer: June 11 @ ATL, June 16 @ MIA
- Joe Musgrove: June 10 @ ATL, June 15 @ MIA
- Dakota Hudson: June 11 @ MIA, June 16 @ NYM
Trevor Bauer is on a four game losing streak and has allowed five home runs in those games. This week he can return to form against two offences ranked in the bottom 10 for runs scored.
Chris Archer has been dropped in plenty of leagues due to his struggles from April 21st to May 26. His two previous starts, however, have been more like his normal self. Start him with confidence.
Joe Musgrove has a 1.19 WHIP that ranks as 34th but higher than Madison Bumgarner, Mike Minor and Noah Syndergaard. The Pittsburgh Pirates have good match ups this week Musgrove should certainly prove valuable.
Lastly Dakota Hudson might be a surprise as a four star pitcher but he has been solid all year long. He regularly goes six innings deep and has two poor hitting teams this week. With that in mind add Hudson from the waivers.
Expect the four-star pitchers to score between 20 and 25 points.
Three Star Pitchers
- Masahiro Tanaka: June 10 vs NYM, June 16 @ CHW
- Chris Paddack: June 11 @ SF, June 16 @ COL
- Griffin Canning: June 10 vs LAD, June 16 @ TB
- Mike Fotlynewicz: June 11 vs PIT, June 16 vs PHI
- Martin Perez: June 11 vs SEA, June 16 vs KC
- Yu Darvish: June 10 @ COL, June 15 @ LAD
- Spencer Turnbull: June 11 @ KC, June 16 vs CLE
- Anibal Sanchez: June 10 @ CHW, June 16 vs ARI
- Jason Vargas: June 10 @ NYY, June 16 vs STL
A pitcher with the pedigree of Masahiro Tanaka would normally be higher on this list but has struggled in his most recent starts. He is returning to the Yankees after the birth of his daughter making it hard to judge how he’ll pitch.
Likewise Yu Darvish is in the same boat of being hard to judge. He plays the Colorado Rockies at Coors Field and the Los Angeles Dodgers in Dodger Stadium. These teams are as tough as anyone to pitch against and the fields are mostly known as hitter ballparks.
Griffin Canning appeared on this list last week as a four star pitcher but had his start on Sunday skipped. Fantasy owners are placed in a tough predicament due to the teams Canning is matched up against. Start Canning but don’t be surprised if he doesn’t shine in these games.
Anibal Sanchez is a sleeper everybody should be looking to own this week especially due to his match ups. The Chicago White Sox are one of the worst hitting teams of 2019 and the Arizona Diamondbacks are currently on a cold streak as a whole.
This list of three-star pitchers can expect to see between 15 and 20 points per start.
Two Star Pitchers
- Jose Quintana: June 11 @ COL, June 16 @ LAD
- John Means: June 11 vs TOR, June 16 vs BOS
- Jerad Eickhoff: June 10 vs ARI, June 16 @ ATL
- Jakob Junis: June 11 vs DET, June 16 @ MIN
- Sandy Alcantara: June 10 vs STL, June 16 vs PIT
- Mike Leake: June 11 @ MIN, June 16 @ OAK
- Jon Duplantier: June 11 @ PHI, June 16 @ WAS
- Trent Thornton: June 11 @ BAL, June 16 @ HOU
Jose Quintana faces the same challenge this week as Yu Darvish. However, he ranks below him due to his higher expectations and could be in for a bigger fallout.
John Means is a startable pitcher against the Toronto Blue Jays but should be dropped before his game against the Boston Red Sox.
Out of the two star pitchers Sandy Alcantara could be in for the biggest week and should be added. He pitched a quality start against the Milwaukee Brewers and faces two more National League Central teams, neither being as good as the Brewers.
These pitchers should score only about seven to 15 points per start.
One Star Pitchers
- Kevin Gausman: June 10 vs PIT, June 15 vs PHI
- Ariel Jurado: June 11 @ BOS, June 16 @ CIN
- Taylor Clarke: June 10 @ PHI, June 15 @ WAS
The only one star pitcher worth owning is Ariel Jurado but only in deeper leagues as a speculative add.
These pitchers probably won’t score more than 10 points and could even score negative points.
Featured Image Courtesy of Getty Images