The Atlanta Braves will kick-off their week by heading to Milwaukee to take on the Brewers. The Braves have built a sizeable lead in the NL East, while the Brewers are currently in second in the tightest division in baseball: the NL Central. The Brewers are going to want to take this series to keep up with their tough division race.
Probable Pitchers and Game Times
Game 1: Monday, July 15 | 8:10 PM EST
Probables: Max Fried (9-4, 4.29 ERA) vs. Adrian Houser (2-3, 4.01 ERA)
Game 2: Tuesday, July 16 | 8:10 PM EST
Probables: Bryse Wilson (1-0, 6.14 ERA) vs. Brandon Woodruff (10-3, 3.67 ERA)
Game 3: Wednesday, July 17 | 2:10 PM EST
Probables: Dallas Keuchel (3-2, 3.09 ERA) vs. Chase Anderson (4-2, 4.27 ERA)
Players to Watch for
Atlanta Braves: Ronald Acuna Jr.
After an impressive Home Run Derby, Ronald Acuna Jr. has hit a homer in his first two games back. He’s one of the most exciting players in baseball, and fans rarely know what to expect from the 21-year-old. So far in his career, Acuna slashes .286/.355/.571 with a .926 OPS against current Brewers pitchers.
Milwaukee Brewers: Christian Yelich
This one is kind of obvious, but Christian Yelich has just been playing that well. He’s looking to earn back-to-back NL MVP titles, and it seems like only Cody Bellinger stands in his way. Yelich hits .299/.386/.370 against current Braves pitchers in his career. The slugging percentage is low, but he also hasn’t hit a bunch of home runs until the past few seasons.
- Darren O’Day is out with a forearm injury.
- Ender Inciarte can play in this series if his back allows.
- Kevin Gausman will likely be back this week as his foot heals.
- Corey Knebel is out for the season with Tommy John surgery.
- Gio Gonzalez can return soon after recovering from “dead arm,” which is basically just pain from the throwing motion.
- Jimmy Nelson will remain sidelined with a right elbow effusion.
Feature Image Courtesy of New York Daily News.