League sources have confirmed the legitimacy of several OWL player acquisitions and releases that were mentioned in a video accidentally taken of Josh “Sideshow” Wilkinson, Scott “Custa” Kennedy and Alberto “neptuNo” González. The 2-minute video reveals several big-name moves before Sideshow realizes that they are streaming and cuts the video. Here are the details of what was mentioned in the video:
- The Dallas Fuel were interested in trading Won-sik “Closer” Jung for Custa, but the Valiant were not interested because Closer was too expensive.
- The Dallas Fuel have signed Young-jin “Gamsu” Noh from the Shanghai Dragons for a salary of $240,000, according to the video. Sources cannot confirm this exact number, but the deal itself is true, according to sources.
- The Los Angeles Gladiators acquired Min-Seok “OGE” Son from the Fuel.
- The Glads also are reportedly signing Indy “SPACE” Halpern from the Los Angeles Valiant for a large sum of money.
- The Valiant are, according to the video, opting to go for a lower budget team in 2020, allegedly not paying any single player over $50,000-$60,000. Sources, however, cannot confirm these exact numbers.
- The Toronto Defiant have signed Brady “Agilities” Girardi and Young-Seo “Kariv” Park from the Valiant.
- The Defiant have also signed Lane “Surefour” Roberts from the Gladiators.
- The Defiant, according to the video, did not trial neptuNo due to their fear of his toxicity. This is also not confirmed by sources, only by what was said in the video.
There was initially doubt as to the legitimacy of the video, however, several sources have confirmed the legitimacy of the moves made in this video, some deals having been done for some time. Below is the original cut of the video, which was removed from the r/CompetitiveOverwatch subreddit on two separate occasions today. As a warning, the last few seconds of the video are NSFW.
The Game Haus will continue looking into this and provide updates on other moves being made in the OWL 2020 offseason.
As a reminder, all of the current offseason changes will be continuously updated in TGH’s Complete List of Overwatch League Offseason Moves.
Follow me on Twitter: @GoopyKnoopy I would love to dialogue with you about anything I’ve written!
You can also shoot me a line on Discord! (GoopyKnoopy#2205)
Featured Image Courtesy of Robert Paul for Blizzard Entertainment
Follow The Game Haus for more sports and esports coverage.
“From Our Haus to Yours”