On Thursday August 6, Overwatch surprised players with a sudden additional of a new Experimental Card. The latest science experiment looks to improve on the dominant Double Shield meta. These changes focus on particular characters that use shields, like Brigitte, Orisa, and Sigma. While not every change is a direct tweak on the shield itself, these changes have fans excited this time around thanks to a few key proposed fixes.
For the full Experimental Card notes, check out the post here.
- Base health reduced from 200 to 150
- Total healing decreased from 130 to 90 (Healing reduced from 21 to 15 health per second)
- Self-healing no longer reduced by half
- Base armor reduced from 250 to 200
- Radius reduced from 7 to 4 meters
- Projectile speed increased from 20 to 30
- Hover Jets
- Movement Speed increased 20%
- Regeneration rate reduced from 50 to 35 per second
- Duration reduced from 3 to 2.5 seconds
- Scrap Gun
- Ammo reduced from 6 to 5
- Damage per projectile increased from 6 to 7
- Recovery increased from 0.7 to 0.85 seconds
- Experimental Barrier
- Health reduced from 900 to 700
- Regeneration rate reduced from 120 to 80 per second.
- Kinetic Grasp
- Cooldown increased from 10 to 12 seconds
- Photon Projector
- Delay before losing charge increased from 2 to 4 seconds
- Cooldown reduced from 12 to 10 seconds
- Orb of Destruction
- Charge rate increased 15% (0.6 down to 0.52 seconds per orb)
- Rate of fire increased from 8.5 to 9 shots per second
Featured image courtesy of Blizzard Entertainment
You can like The Game Haus on Facebook! And make sure to follow us on Twitter for more sports and esports articles from other TGH writers.
Follow Bryan on Twitter @esportsbrock for more fantasy analysis and banter. #BostonUp!