Overwatch will be having more updates and changes to the game than ever before. This is not something that fans are used to so it may be tough to keep up with everything that is going on. Luckily The Game Haus is here to help make sure that you know exactly what is happening in the world of Overwatch. The latest patch notes to come out are from June 30, 2020. With that, here are the changes. For full patch notes, click here.
Open Queue is added to Competitive Play
Players will now be able to go back to playing Overwatch in its original state, without Role Queue. That said, players can still play in Role Queue as well. Both will have their own separate SR and leaderboards.
Ranked Reset, Kinda
There will be a ranked reset of sorts. Players at the highest SR will have a maximum SR that they can hit at 3900. But, it won’t be something that is obtained easily as players will slowly creep up to it and will still be put against other players close to their skill level. The overall goal is to reward players for staying active but not punishing players who don’t play as often.
Notable Hero Changes
- Ashe: Dynamite Cooldown increased from 10 to 12 seconds
- Repair Pack no longer grants an additional armor health pool
- Barrier Shield
- Maximum health increased from 200 to 250
- Regeneration rate decreased from 100 to 85 healthy per second
- Cooldown when destroyed increased from 3 to 5 seconds
- D.Va: Defense Matrix Cooldown reduced from 1.5 to 1 second
- Junkrat: Rip-Tire Time to take control of Junkrat post-detonation reduced from 1.5 to 0.9 seconds.
“From Our Haus to Yours”