The NFL refused to comment on Xavien Howard’s potential involvement in the shooting of his former NFL agent’s house.
On June 29, 2020, shots rang through the house of NFL agent Damarius Bilbo, terrifying him and his family that night. According to Bilbo’s wife, who was present during the shooting, told officers a bullet “traveled through the center of the window frame, shot another wall to the second floor, and into the corner of the top of the frame of the house.” Neither Bilbo nor his family were injured.
Police identified the bullet as a 9mm after finding a shell casing outside the home.
Bilbo’s son identified the shooter’s car as a four-door golden sedan, where the suspect got out of the car and fired at the house.
Police later accumulated potential suspects in the investigation, one of them being Xavien Howard. Who Bilbo previously represented.
Even if Howard is not involved in the case, one could imagine that the NFL would investigate the matter. However, the NFL has yet to comment.
Silence from The League on Xavien Howard
As of February 21, the NFL yet to comment about Xavien Howard’s situation.
“We will decline to comment,” NFL spokesmen Brian McCarthy said in an email regarding the case.
Under the Personal Conduct Policy, the league has the authority to investigate and discipline players who misbehave in public. This can range from minor verbal confrontations to breaking the law. This case applies to the Personal Conduct Policy per NFL rules.
However, the league has remained silent on the matter and Howard has declined to be interviewed by police.
This raises questions on who exactly knew about the situation, and if the Dolphins were aware of it, regardless of Howard’s involvement. If the Dolphins knew about the situation and didn’t report it, there could be major reproductions for the organization.
“From Our Haus to Yours.”