The Pittsburgh Steelers faceoff against a huge obstacle for the 2021 season with their schedule being named “the hardest they ever had.”
During a podcast with Steelers Stat Geek, columnist David Schofield, deemed the Steelers 2021 schedule the hardest of all the teams.
“The fact that the Steelers struggled to win games late into the season and gave up a lot of touchdowns early in in the playoffs was strikingly similar to 2007” Schodfield wrote on SB Nation. Schofield explained that the 2020 Steelers, were comparable to the Steelers in 2007 and 2008.
Here is the Steelers schedule of 2021 is:
- 1: 9/12 at Bills, 1 PM, CBS
- 2: 9/19 vs. Raiders 1 PM, CBS
- 3: 9/26 vs. Bengals, 1 PM, CBS
- 4: 10/3 at Packers, 4:25 PM CBS
- 5: 10/10 vs. Broncos, 1 PM, Fox
- 6: 10/17 vs. Seahawks, 8:20 PM, NBC
- 7: BYE
- 8: 10/31 at Browns, 1 PM, CBS
- 9: 11/8 vs. Bears, 8:15 PM, ESPN
- 10: 11/14 vs. Lions, 1 PM, Fox
- 11: 11/21 at Chargers, 8:20 PM, NBC
- 12: 11/28 at Bengals, 1 PM, CBS
- 13: 12/5 vs. Ravens, 4:25 PM, CBS
- 14: 12/9 at Vikings, 8:20 PM Fox/NFL Network/ Amazon
- 15: 12/19 vs. Titans, 1 PM, CBS
- 16: 12/26 at Chiefs, 4:25 PM, CBS
- 17: 1/3 vs. Browns, 8:15 PM, ESPN
- 18: 1/9 at Ravens, 1 PM, CBS
Pittsburgh Rivals Have Some Fire Power
One of the most obvious challenges the Steelers will go against is the Tennessee Titans, with their latest weapon, Julio Jones, who was traded for a draft pick.
With Jones on the Titans, the Steelers defense will be put to the test with an extremely talented running back such as Derrick Henry, and Jones, an All-Pro wide receiver.
The Steelers will also come against the stronger Cleveland Browns, with Baker Mayfield, and their archenemies, the Baltimore Ravens.
One team that might be less of a challenge this season are the Green Bay Packers, with reports of Aaron Rodgers looking to be traded.
“From Our Haus to Yours”