New details emerged on May 15, about the ever-evolving case of Deshaun Watson, who was accused of sexual misconduct last month
Earlier this week, the prosecution of the 22 women accusing Houston Texans quarterback, Deshaun Watson, has refused to settle in court, taking the case to trial. Attorney Tony Buzbee told Fox 22 Houston’s ,Mark Berman, that a settlement is “not happening.”
Today, however, Watson’s defense team came out with a statement Buzbee’s firm came to them first with a settlement.
“While we have never approached Mr. Buzbee about a settlement, he has approached us on numerous occasions in the past about the possibility of a settlement,” Watsons lawyer, Rusty Hardin, said in an official statement.
Buzbee on the other-hand fired back at Hardin, saying, “Contrary to what Mr. Rusty says, we haven’t ‘approached them to settle,’ ever.”
Despite Buzbee’s claim of ever approaching for a settlement, ESPN claim out with a report that “a member of the team representing the women suing Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson recently reached out to Watson’s legal team to discuss the case, according to text messages and a recording”
Buzbee has yet to release an official response to the ESPN report.
The NFL Investigation into Deshaun Watson Accusations
While the legal team prepare for what looks to be a messy court battle, the NFL is looking into the accusations against Watson.
As of now, Buzbee has said that four of his clients already have met with Lisa Friel, the league’s chief investigator regarding Personal Conduct Policy. However, now he is applying the same public pressure from Watson, onto Friel.
“The women feel like they weren’t respected (by the NFL),” Buzbee complained to reporters. However, it’s unknown if any of plaintiffs or the plaintiffs clients ever spoke to the league. Even the Houston Texans stated that Buzbee’s team has been in contact with them.
The NFL has yet to release an official statement on the case.
“From Our Haus to Yours