The 2020 NFL Draft has just ended, but it is never too early to look ahead. Here is the 2021 NFL Mock Draft October 22.
1. New York Jets- Trevor Lawrence, QB, Clemson
If the Jets are drafting first overall, they have to take Lawrence. Hopefully Adam Gase isn’t still coaching them so that Lawrence is given a chance to develop.
2. New York Giants- Trey Lance, QB, North Dakota State
The Giants added tackles in last year’s class, but the offense hasn’t improved. They will likely pick a quarterback or trade down and Lance is the best available at this point.
3. Washington Football Team- Justin Fields, QB, Ohio State
If Dwayne Haskins was still in the lineup, this pick would be something different. Washington has made it clear that they need a new signal caller of the future. Fields is a good dual-threat, which is something Ron Rivera had in Carolina with Cam Newton.
4. Jacksonville Jaguars- Penei Sewell, OT, Oregon
Because the Jaguars miss out on the top quarterback prospects, they can take a great tackle prospect in Sewell. They should take best player available if not a quarterback to start building out their roster.
5. Miami Dolphins (via HOU)- Micah Parsons, LB, Penn State
The Dolphins spent a lot of draft capital last season on the offensive side of the ball and now can get an impact linebacker.
6. Atlanta Falcons- Gregory Rousseau, Edge, Miami
While their offense needs to step it up, the Falcons always need defense. Getting a pass rusher that can help them for the next decade will be too much to pass up.
7. Minnesota Vikings- Marvin Wilson, DL, Florida State
While the Vikings did have some opt-outs, the middle of their defense has played very poorly. Wilson could have declared for the 2020 NFL Draft, but returned to school instead.
8. Los Angeles Chargers- Samuel Cosmi, OT, Texas
The Chargers have found their franchise quarterback, but now need to protect him.
9. Cincinnati Bengals- Wyatt Davis, OG/C, Ohio State
Joe Burrow is getting hit entirely too much. The Bengals need to spend several picks on protecting their future.
10. Philadelphia Eagles- Ja’Marr Chase, WR, LSU
The Eagles have had so many injuries to their wide receivers over the past few years. They need to find one that is good and that can stay healthy.
11. Dallas Cowboys- Caleb Farley, CB, Virginia Tech
Dallas has played so bad on the defensive side of the ball. They can upgrade their secondary with the selection of Farley.
12. Detroit Lions- Andre Cisco, S, Syracuse
Unless the Lions want to move on from Matt Stafford, they need to keep adding to their defense to help them win games.
13. Denver Broncos- Dylan Moses, LB, Alabama
The Broncos are banged up, but next year when they are healthy, they need an impact player in the middle of the defense.
14. New England Patriots- Jaylen Waddle, WR, Alabama
The Patriots don’t have a lot of good weapons and need to get some receivers who can separate.
15. Miami Dolphins- Rondale Moore, WR, Purdue
Now that Tua Tagovailoa is taking over the reins of the offense, the Dolphins need to get him more help to make the offense productive.
16. Carolina Panthers- Kyle Pitts, TE, Florida
If the Panthers wish to improve the offense, they have to get more weapons for Teddy Bridgewater. Pitts is a matchup nightmare that will produce at the NFL level.
17. San Francisco 49ers- Creed Humphrey, OG/C, Oklahoma
While the 49ers are injured, they do have a solid roster all around. They can improve on the interior of the offensive line to help jump start the offense more.
18. Las Vegas Raiders- Shaun Wade, CB, Ohio State
The Raiders’ defense isn’t good and needs to have some serious upgrades. They can get another corner to help improve their pass defense.
19. New Orleans Saints- Christian Baremore, DL, Alabama
Baremore has been a solid defensive lineman for Alabama and can help the Saints in the middle of their defensive line.
20. Cleveland Browns- Patrick Surtain, CB, Alabama
Behind Denzel Ward, the Browns need to add more to their secondary.
21. Indianapolis Colts- Carlos Basham, Edge, Wake Forest
The Colts have a great defense, but they could be even better if they generated more pressure on opposing quarterbacks.
22. Jacksonville Jaguars- Zach Wilson, QB, BYU
Jacksonville may have missed out on the quarterbacks at the top of the draft, but can grab Wilson to compete with Minshew here.
23. Arizona Cardinals- Travis Etienne, RB, Clemson
Kenyan Drake has had trouble producing, so Arizona may want to get another running back to help the offense out.
24. Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Alex Leatherwood, OT, Alabama
The Bucs need to protect Tom Brady at all costs as he continues to age.
25. Buffalo Bills- Pat Freiermuth, TE, Penn State
The Bills got Josh Allen a weapon this offseason and it paid off. They should continue to add weapons to help Allen grow even more as a passer.
26. Green Bay Packers- Rashod Bateman, WR, Minnesota
The Packers failed to get Aaron Rodgers weapons this offseason, but should look into it during the 2021 NFL Draft.
27. Chicago Bears- Quincy Roche, Edge, Miami
Khalil Mack is great at rushing the passer on one side, but the Bears can get an edge rusher of the future here in Roche.
28. Baltimore Ravens- Devonta Smith, WR, Alabama
Baltimore still doesn’t have the best receivers and can give Lamar Jackson more help with the selection of Bateman.
29. Kansas City Chiefs- Patrick Jones, Edge, Pittsburgh
Kansas City has the offense to be successful for years, but can get a good edge rusher to improve the defense.
30. Tennessee Titans- Chris Olave, WR, Ohio State
If the Titans wish to continue to improve, they need to give Ryan Tannehill more weapons to utilize.
31. New York Jets (via SEA)- Dillon Radunz, OT, North Dakota State
Now that the Jets have taken a quarterback, they need to keep adding to the offensive line.
32. Pittsburgh Steelers- Jaycee Horn, CB, South Carolina
Joe Haden can only play at a good level for a few more seasons. The Steelers should get more help at corner.
Make sure to check out our brand new NFL Draft page for more content!