NFL free agency is under way and it is time to look ahead to the NFL Draft. Here is the 2021 NFL Mock Draft March 30.
1. Jacksonville Jaguars- Trevor Lawrence, QB, Clemson
Jacksonville has a slam dunk pick with Trevor Lawrence at number one overall. He is the perfect prospect to build a team around for the future.
2. New York Jets- Zach Wilson, QB, BYU
A new head coach next season will have to decide between Sam Darnold and a new quarterback. Most new coaches want someone they drafted, so they will go with a quarterback for now.
3. San Francisco 49ers- Trey Lance, QB, North Dakota State
The rumors are saying that this pick will either be Trey Lance or Mac Jones. Trading up this far is a reach for someone like Jones, who doesn’t have the same physical tools as Lance. Lance has the size, athleticism and arm strength that teams covet.
4. Atlanta Falcons- Kyle Pitts, TE, Florida
Atlanta restructured Matt Ryan’s contract. Will they keep him? Time will tell. If they do decide to stick with Ryan, they can get him yet another weapon to utilize to try to compete in a competitive division.
5. Cincinnati Bengals- Penei Sewell, OT, Oregon
Joe Burrow was hit a lot this season and is now out for the year. If they want him to develop, they need to protect him. Although the Bengals indicated that they have their tackles in Jonah Williams and newly signed Riley Reiff, Reiff is on a one-year deal. The Bengals can always shuffle the line around, because they need more help up front.
6. Miami Dolphins (via PHI)- Ja’Marr Chase, WR, LSU
The Dolphins are going to want to get Tua Tagovailoa some more weapons to utilize this season. While they may go with Tagovailoa’s former teammate, Chase is a more physical specimen that may draw more interest.
7. Detroit Lions- DeVonta Smith, WR, Alabama
Detroit lost their big name wide receivers for next season. The Lions have to get Jared Goff someone dynamic to throw to this season.
8. Carolina Panthers-Justin Fields, QB, Ohio State
9. Denver Broncos- Micah Parsons, LB, Penn State
The Broncos can improve their defense with a great athlete in the middle like Parsons, who had a great pro day.
10. Dallas Cowboys- Patrick Surtain II, CB, Alabama
Dallas’ defense was awful this season and they need to improve it any way they can. With Caleb Farley being injured, Surtain looks like he will be the first cornerback taken.
11. New York Giants- Rashawn Slater, OT, Northwestern
After signing Kenny Golladay in free agency, the Giants will likely go with defense or offensive line with this pick. They can make sure Daniel Jones is protected for the future by taking Slater, who could move into guard if needed.
12. Philadelphia Eagles (via MIA)- Jaylen Waddle, WR, Alabama
After trading down to this pick, the Eagles need to get Jalen Hurts some weapons to utilize this season or they will be looking for a new quarterback soon.
13. Los Angeles Chargers- Christian Darrisaw, OT, Virginia Tech
Justin Herbert has been playing well, but the Chargers need to get him an offensive line to protect the future.
14. Minnesota Vikings- Gregory Rousseau, Edge, Miami
The Vikings traded for Yannick Ngakoue and traded him away already. They need more edge rushing help for the 2021 season.
15. New England Patriots- Mac Jones, QB, Alabama
While the Patriots brought back Cam Newton, they still need a quarterback of the future. Jones can sit and learn behind Newton until he is ready to play.
16. Arizona Cardinals- Najee Harris, RB, Alabama
Arizona let Kenyan Drake walk in free agency. Chase Edmonds is a capable starter, but they may want to add more to the position.
17. Las Vegas Raiders- Caleb Farley, CB, Virginia Tech
The Raiders’ defense needs improvements all over, but specifically in the secondary and can get good value here.
18. Miami Dolphins-Azeez Ojulari, Edge, Georgia
This offseason, the Dolphins lost some of their best pass rushers. Ojulari is a prospect that has a quick first step and can get the edge for them.
19. Washington Football Team- Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, LB, Notre Dame
Washington did a fantastic job of filling needs in free agency and now can get a rangy linebacker/safety hybrid in Owusu-Koramoah.
20. Chicago Bears- Jaycee Horn, CB, South Carolina
The Bears had to cut Kyle Fuller because of limited cap room. Now they can get a corner to plug in with Jaylon Johnson and Desmond Trufant.
21. Indianapolis Colts- Alijah Vera-Tucker, OT/OG, USC
Now that Anthony Castonzo has retired, the Colts need a left tackle. They should take a tackle in the first round.
22. Tennessee Titans- Rashod Bateman, WR, Minnesota
Corey Davis is now a Jet, so the Titans need to get a wide receiver in this deep draft class.
23. New York Jets (via SEA)- Asante Samuel Jr., CB, Florida State
The Jets have already added to their offense, but they really need corners if they have any hopes of being successful in the next few years.
24. Pittsburgh Steelers- Kwity Paye, Edge, Michigan
After allowing Bud Dupree to walk in free agency, the Steelers need to add another pass rusher across from T.J. Watt.
25. Jacksonville Jaguars- Trevon Moehrig-Woodard, S, TCU
The Jaguars took C.J. Henderson last season, but they need more help in their secondary
26. Cleveland Browns- Jaelan Phillips, Edge, Miami
Cleveland still hasn’t signed a good pass rusher across from Myles Garrett.
27. Baltimore Ravens- Rondale Moore, WR, Purdue
Baltimore addresed their need at guard in free agency, but still need to get Lamar Jackson more wide receivers to work with.
28. New Orleans Saints- Greg Newsome, CB, Northwestern
New Orleans doesn’t have good corners right now and should add one with their first round pick.
29. Green Bay Packers- Kadarius Toney, WR, Florida
The Packers failed to get Aaron Rodgers weapons this offseason, but should look into it during the 2021 NFL Draft.
30. Buffalo Bills- Pat Freiermuth, TE, Penn State
The Bills got Josh Allen a weapon this offseason and it paid off. They should continue to add weapons to help Allen grow even more as a passer.
31. Kansas City Chiefs- Ronnie Perkins, Edge, Oklahoma
Kansas City has the offense to be successful for years, but can get a good edge rusher to improve the defense.
32. Tampa Bay Buccaneers-Christian Barmore, DL, Alabama
Tampa Bay doesn’t have many holes on their roster, but could improve on the interior of the defensive line.
Make sure to check out our brand new NFL Draft page for more content!