The 2021 NFL Draft is this month and it is time to look at what may happen. Here is the 2021 NFL Mock Draft April 13.
1. Jacksonville Jaguars- Trevor Lawrence, QB, Clemson
Jacksonville has a slam dunk pick with Trevor Lawrence at number one overall. He is the perfect prospect to build a team around for the future.
2. New York Jets- Zach Wilson, QB, BYU
A new head coach next season will have to decide between Sam Darnold and a new quarterback. Most new coaches want someone they drafted, so they will go with a quarterback for now.
3. San Francisco 49ers- Trey Lance, QB, North Dakota State
The rumors are saying that this pick will either be Trey Lance or Mac Jones. Trading up this far is a reach for someone like Jones, who doesn’t have the same physical tools as Lance. Lance has the size, athleticism and arm strength that teams covet.
4. Atlanta Falcons- Kyle Pitts, TE, Florida
Atlanta will likely trade out of this pick, but if they stay, they should select a unicorn of an offensive weapon in Kyle Pitts. Pitts will make the offense even more difficult to defend against.
5. Cincinnati Bengals-Penei Sewell, OT, Oregon
The Bengals will have a tough decision between Sewell and picking a wide receiver. Protecting Joe Burrow should be the number one priority for the Bengals, but they also need a wide receiver to pair with Tee Higgins and Tyler Boyd. Sewell is the best player on the board and should be the pick.
6. Miami Dolphins- Ja’Marr Chase, WR, LSU
The Dolphins are going to want to get Tua Tagovailoa some more weapons to utilize this season. Chase is the top wide receiver on the board and tested well at his pro day.
7. Detroit Lions- DeVonta Smith, WR, Alabama
Detroit lost their big name wide receivers for next season. The Lions have to get Jared Goff someone dynamic to throw to this season.
8. Carolina Panthers-Rashawn Slater, OT, Northwestern
Now that the Panthers have traded for Sam Darnold, they will want to make sure he is protected. With Christian McCaffrey returning from injury, an offensive lineman could help the whole offense open up.
9. Denver Broncos-Justin Fields, QB, Ohio State
If Fields drops this far, the Broncos have to pull the trigger. He likely will not, but the Broncos should consider moving up to secure the future of their franchise.
10. Dallas Cowboys- Patrick Surtain II, CB, Alabama
Dallas’ defense was awful this season and they need to improve it any way they can. With Caleb Farley being injured, Surtain looks like he will be the first cornerback taken.
11. New York Giants-Alijah Vera-Tucker, OT/OG, USC
After signing Kenny Golladay in free agency, the Giants will likely go with defense or offensive line with this pick. They can make sure Daniel Jones is protected for the future by taking Slater, who could move into guard if needed.
12. Philadelphia Eagles- Jaylen Waddle, WR, Alabama
The Eagles are turning over the offense to Jalen Hurts and need to get him weapons to work with or he won’t be succesful.
13. Los Angeles Chargers-Christian Darrisaw, OT, Virginia Tech
Justin Herbert has been playing well, but the Chargers need to get him an offensive line to protect the future.
14. Minnesota Vikings- Gregory Rousseau, Edge, Miami
The Vikings traded for Yannick Ngakoue and traded him away already. They need more edge rushing help for the 2021 season.
15. New England Patriots- Mac Jones, QB, Alabama
While the Patriots brought back Cam Newton, they still need a quarterback of the future. Jones can sit and learn behind Newton until he is ready to play.
16. Arizona Cardinals- Najee Harris, RB, Alabama
Arizona let Kenyan Drake walk in free agency. Chase Edmonds is a capable starter, but they may want to add more to the position.
17. Las Vegas Raiders- Jaycee Horn, CB, South Carolina
The Raiders’ defense needs improvements all over, but specifically in the secondary and can get good value here.
18. Miami Dolphins-Micah Parsons, LB, Penn State
After taking a wide receiver earlier, the Dolphins can upgrade at linebacker with Parsons, who is a freak athlete.
19. Washington Football Team- Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, LB, Notre Dame
Washington did a fantastic job of filling needs in free agency and now can get a rangy linebacker/safety hybrid in Owusu-Koramoah.
20. Chicago Bears-Caleb Farley, CB, Virginia Tech
The Bears had to cut Kyle Fuller because of limited cap room. Now they can get a corner to plug in with Jaylon Johnson and Desmond Trufant.
21. Indianapolis Colts- Sam Cosmi, OT, Texas
Now that Anthony Castonzo has retired, the Colts need a left tackle. They should take a tackle in the first round.
22. Tennessee Titans- Rashod Bateman, WR, Minnesota
Corey Davis is now a Jet, so the Titans need to get a wide receiver in this deep draft class.
23. New York Jets- Azeez Ojulari, Edge, Georgia
The Jets signed Carl Lawson in free agency, but need another pass rusher on the other side from him.
24. Pittsburgh Steelers- Kwity Paye, Edge, Michigan
After allowing Bud Dupree to walk in free agency, the Steelers need to add another pass rusher across from T.J. Watt.
25. Jacksonville Jaguars- Trevon Moehrig-Woodard, S, TCU
The Jaguars took C.J. Henderson last season, but they need more help in their secondary.
26. Cleveland Browns- Asante Samuel Jr., CB, Florida State
It looks like the Browns could sign Jadeveon Clowney, so they could add to their secondary. Samuel Jr. could play inside or out, which will help him assimilate to Cleveland’s defense.
27. Baltimore Ravens- Rondale Moore, WR, Purdue
Baltimore addresed their need at guard in free agency, but still need to get Lamar Jackson more wide receivers to work with.
28. New Orleans Saints- Greg Newsome, CB, Northwestern
New Orleans doesn’t have good corners right now and should add one with their first round pick.
29. Green Bay Packers- Kadarius Toney, WR, Florida
The Packers failed to get Aaron Rodgers weapons this offseason, but should look into it during the 2021 NFL Draft.
30. Buffalo Bills- Pat Freiermuth, TE, Penn State
The Bills got Josh Allen a weapon this offseason and it paid off. They should continue to add weapons to help Allen grow even more as a passer.
31. Kansas City Chiefs- Jaelan Phillips, Edge, Miami
Kansas City has the offense to be successful for years, but can get a good edge rusher to improve the defense.
32. Tampa Bay Buccaneers-Christian Barmore, DL, Alabama
Tampa Bay doesn’t have many holes on their roster, but could improve on the interior of the defensive line.
Make sure to check out our brand new NFL Draft page for more content!
You can like The Game Haus on Facebook and follow us on Twitter for more sports and esports articles from great TGH writers!