Before getting into the notes themselves, there is a major announcement coming May 29 at 10 AM PST. This seems to be an important day for Riot in general as most likely TFT, VALORANT and League of Legends also have major announcements and reveals coming up. Make sure to mark this date. With that, here is a dive into some lengthy balance changes, rainbows and much more. Full patch notes here.
[Related: Legends of Runeterra Patch 1.1 Notes]
Patches Going Forward
While they will be sticking with two major patches per month, they will only balance cards once. This is because they want to allow for things to have time to play out.
- Vladimir (level 2)
- Attack: For each other attacking ally, deal 1 to it and 1 to the enemy Nexus. → For each other attacking ally, deal 1 to it and drain 1 from the enemy Nexus.
- Karma (level 1 & 2)
- Cost: 5 → 6
- Shen (level 1)
- Power: 2 → 3
- Shen (level 2)
- Power: 3 → 4
- Vi (level 1)
- Health: 5 → 4
- Vi (level 2)
- Health: 6 → 5
- Hecarim (level 1)
- Power: 4 → 5
- Hecarim (level 2)
- Power: 5 → 6
Followers and Spells
- Grizzled Ranger
- Power: 4 → 3
- Laurent Chevalier
- Health: 1 → 2
- Loyal Badgerbear
- Power: 4 → 3
- Stand Alone
- Cost: 3 → 4
- Legion Rearguard
- Health: 2 → 1
- Kindly Tavernkeeper
- Power: 2 → 3
- Deep Meditation
- Cost: 4 → 5
- Boomcrew Rookie
- Health: 4 → 3
- Brood Awakening
- Cost: 5 → 6
- Health: 1 → 2
- Monkey Idol
- Health: 4 → 5
- Power: 0 → 1 Health: 3 → 4
Boards, Card Backs, Emotes and Guardians
Arcade Card Backs
Draven Hell Yeah
Teemo Top Decking
- Added: For Demacia!, Ranger’s Resolve, Reckless Trifarian
- Removed: Greathorn Companion, Grizzled Ranger, Trifarian Hopeful, Vanguard Sergeant
- Added: Chronicler of Ruin, En Garde, Hapless Aristocrat, Mobilize, Purify
- Removed: Absorb Soul, Ancient Crocolith, Back to Back, Scribe of Sorrows
Scout it Out
- Added: Chain Vest, For Demacia!, Mobilize, Ranger’s Resolve
- Removed: Back to Back, Vanguard Sergeant, War Chefs, Ye Been Warned
- Added: Blinding Assault
- Removed: Greenglade Lookout, Grizzled Ranger, Herald of Spring, Laurent Protege, Sonic Wave, War Chefs
- Added: Detain, En Garde, Plucky Poro, Radiant Strike, Ranger’s Resolve, Scarthane Steffen
- Removed: Alpha Wildclaw, Greathorn Companion, Loyal Badgerbear, Riposte, Single Combat
Other major adjustments
- Added: Vi
- Removed: Ezreal
- Added:Black Spear, Hapless Aristocrat, Shady Character, The Rekindler
- Removed: Brood Awakening, Funsmith, Deadbloom Wanderer, Trail of Evidence
- Added: Darius, Navori Highwayman, Jeweled Protector, Shadow Assassin
- Removed: Swain, Ghost, Retreat, Scaled Snapper
- Added: Gotcha!, Hired Gun, Monkey Idol, Mystifying Magician, Patrol Wardens, Shellshocker, Thermogenic Beam
- Removed: Boomcrew Rookie, Brash Gambler, Jury-Rig, Pocket Aces, Sump Dredger, Vault Breaker, Zaunite Urchin
- Fishbones champion packs will now always include both Jagged Taskmaster and Professor von Yipp. This may force you into a tri-region deck, which is a known issue we’ll fix in a future patch.
Grand Moments (previously Spellbound)
- Added: For Demacia!, Redoubled Valor
- Removed: Riposte, Vanguard Sergeant
Shadows and Dust
- Added: Yusari
- Removed: Claws of the Dragon, Deep Meditation, Eye of the Dragon, Mark of the Isles, Rush, Sonic Wave
Smash and Grab
- Added: Eager Apprentice, Hired Gun, Jaull Hunters, Lure of the Depths
- Removed: Boomcrew Rookie, Brash Gambler, Pick a Card, Pilfered Goods, Rummage, Salvage, The Beast Below
- Added: Deny, Ki Guardian, Pocket Aces, Spirit’s Refuge, Ye Been Warned, Yordle Grifter
- Removed: Bubble Bear, Greenglade Duo, Razorscale Hunter, Shipwreck Hoarder
- Added: Stalking Wolf
- Removed: Ruthless Raider
- Added: Shadow Assassin, Horns of the Dragon
- Removed: Recall, Guile, Shadowshift, Brash Gambler, Funsmith, Insightful Investigator
- Removed: Unyielding Spirit
- Added: Vanguard Firstblade, En Garde
- Added: Keeper of Masks
- Removed: Recall, Shadowshift, Retreat
First to the Draw
- Added: Jagged Butcher, Slotbot
- Removed: Brash Gambler, Hunting Fleet, Pick a Card
Shroom and Boom
- Added: Patrol Wardens
- Removed: Amateur Aeronaut
Terrors from the Deep
- Added: Golden Narwhal, Hunting Fleet
- Removed: Hired Gun, Darkwater Scourge
- Added: Amateur Aeronaut, Windfarer Hatchling
- Removed: Used Cask Salesman, Fae Bladetwirler, Shadow Flare, The Empyrean
Hotfixes since last patch
- Fixed an issue where players could receive less XP than intended when simultaneously receiving it from multiple sources.
- Players who are caught mid-game during a service interruption will no longer receive a loss. If both players get disconnected, the game won’t count.
- In French, Eye of the Dragon’s text now matches its function.
- Vi no longer counts Overwhelm damage duplicatively, and properly sheds her base buff after leveling up under all conditions.
- Fixed an issue where players could sometimes enter a different queue than the one selected.
- Fixed a bug where music from your previously used board would play at the start of a new match.
- The “This Spells Trouble +” quest now correctly rewards 1500 XP.
- The Bilgewater home screen background now appears in the regular rotation with all other regions.
- Fixed an issue on the VS screen where your opponent’s icon would incorrectly mirror your icon.
- Various level ups (Swain, Elise, Vlad) should now function correctly when using Turkish or Russian language settings.
- Fixed an issue preventing Shellshocker and Strong-arm from showing up during Expeditions picks.
- Flyout description added to Ye Been Warned.
- Vi’s Vault Breaker now properly links to Vault Breaker.
- Removed rarity gem from various non-collectible Rising Tides cards.
- Chum the Waters can now be played without an enemy unit in play.
- The Box no longer deals extra damage to units that have been played multiple times, and now interacts properly with control-changing effects like Possession.
You can ‘Like’ The Game Haus on Facebook and ‘Follow’ us on Twitter for more sports and esports articles from other great TGH writers along with Robert!