Ever wondered what TSM’s record is against all the other current LCS teams? Specifically teams like Cloud9, CLG and Team Liquid? Well, here is how one of the longest-tenured LCS teams have performed against their long-time rivals and the new kids on the block.
There were a couple of rules for the data. The teams have to be the same as they are currently brand. For example, this does not count TSM against OpTic before they were branded to Immortals. Similarly for Dignitas, this is only when they have been branded as Dignitas. Playoff records are included in the overall total and are in parentheses next to the overall record. Also, tiebreakers were counted as a part of the regular season, not playoffs.
Note: This starts in Season 3 (first year of the LCS) and goes up through Week 4 of 2020.
Vs. 100T: 13-8 (6-4) 61.9% (60%)
Vs. C9: 33-42 (20-21) 44% (48.7%)
Vs. CLG: 37-18 (9-7) 67.2% (56.3%)
Vs. DIG: 22-15 (6-2) 59.5% (75%)
Vs. EG: 11-0 100% (N/A)
Vs. FLY: 15-9 (5-3) 62.5% (67%)
Vs. GG: 10-1 90.9%
Vs. IMT: 12-6 (6-1) 67% (85.7%)
Vs. TL: 18-15 (5-4) 54.5% (55.6%)
All-Time Vs. All 9: 171-114 (57-42) 60% (57.6%)
Thoughts and Interesting Notes
- Season 3 Summer for TSM was rough. Against the three teams that were in the LCS back in Season 3, C9, CLG and DIG, TSM started off a combined 1-11 but 13-3 against the rest of the LCS.
- Their first 2-0 Split against Cloud9 was not until Summer 2016.
- At one time TSM were 1-13 against Cloud9.
- Even with their bad regular-season games against C9, TSM have always battled them well in the playoffs.
- Cloud9 account for nearly 45% of all of TSM’s playoff games against these nine teams and ~29% of their playoff games overall.
- TSM’s worst Splits were 2016 Spring and 2020 Spring where they went 9-9. Then their best was 2016 Summer where they went 17-1.
- Even split across two different eras of their time in the LCS, TSM have never lost against Evil Geniuses.
- TSM were 7-0 against FlyQuest at one point and since have gone 8-9.
- Of all the rivals, Team Liquid have been the ones to truly go back and forth with TSM. Neither team has ever had an extreme edge in terms of wins over the other.
“From Our Haus to Yours”