eSports is often put on par with traditional disciplines such as football or basketball since its popularity is constantly growing. It’s predicted that the number of people involved in gaming will reach 3.3 billion globally by 2024, which confirms the demand for such activity.
Millions of players dream of becoming e-sportsmen, but we should note that not everybody is able to achieve success in this niche.
Many users think that nothing can be easier since they just have to play their favorite games and earn loads of cash on this hobby. However, professional eSports can be considered full-fledged work, requiring a lot of skills, knowledge, and training. However, if you are really passionate about games and willing to work hard, then why not give it a try? We hope that some tips for beginner eSports players will help you!
Which Equipment Is Necessary to Start an eSports Career?
If you decide to become an e-sportsman, be ready to spend money since a simple laptop, or a weak PC won’t be suitable. You will need the following:
1. A powerful computer
2. A comfortable gaming mouse
3. A keyboard (a usual one is fine, but gamers always choose the special device with additional key buttons)
4. A big monitor with a high refresh rate
5. High-speed Internet connection
At first, it may seem very expensive and not worth it. However, it’s impossible to start without convenient equipment. Moreover, you will notice how much more comfortable you are performing all tasks in front of the big screen, which applies not only to gaming. For example, you can watch immersive movies or play at online casino Canada in better quality. It is worth noting that purchasing a special mouse and keyboard can be postponed, but a high-quality monitor is a must-have for any e-sportsman.
Choosing the Right Game to Play
A huge variety of the gaming industry impresses users, so the issue of selecting the appropriate game is relevant. It should be familiar to you: learn the mechanics and ensure you feel confident when playing. Moreover, you should decide whether you’ll be a part of a team (such games as Dota 2 and CS:GO) or a single player (FIFA, Hearthstone, etc.). The latter is the best option for introverts prone to showing the best results on their own.
Most Important Traits of a Successful eSports Professional
You have probably heard that anyone can become an e-sportsman. And this is true, but it is worth noting that not everyone can succeed in this niche by working on themselves daily. Here are the main qualities of players that are important to pay attention to:
- Stress resistance: some users play for 15 hours, which can influence the nervous system, so it’s essential to remain stable, calm, and find solutions during some problematic situations
- Calmly accept defeats: newcomers in eSports often lose, so it is important to accept such situations with dignity. Treat losses with a positive attitude because they allow you to work on mistakes and not repeat them next time
- Responsibility: it’s important to train daily, and only you can control the progress
- Analytical thinking: players have to analyze the game, find solutions in different occasions, and react to all changes
It is not for nothing that many consider eSports to be a full-fledged sports discipline since it requires no less effort, training, and time. And if you really want to try yourself in this area, do it now – who knows, maybe success is waiting right around the corner?