The Palace of the Dead is some side content in Final Fantasy XIV that players have been waiting for quite some time now. It is also called the Deep Dungeon because it is filled with many floors. Each floor features more powerful enemies and bosses compared to the previous floor. The best thing about a deep dungeon is that something new will be waiting for you there because every time you visit it, new settings will be applied. You will get various weapons, armor pieces, and currencies for completing the dungeon. Sell any extra deep dungeon rewards to make more FFXIV Gil.
What is the Palace of The Dead?
POTD, or the Palace of the Dead, is a dungeon in FFXIV with separate loot, leveling, and gear system. The main objective is to reach the last floor of the dungeon, and you can do this dungeon unlimited times. You can deal with it even at the start of the game. There is a total of two hundred floors in this dungeon, and you can go solo here or create a team.
For each session, two save slots are available, and you can select the desired level to start your journey. After every ten levels, there will be a boss fight, and this continues till level two hundred. The real fun begins after level fifty. To get the most experience, focus between level fifty and level sixty. Once you reach level fifty, you can save the progress and start from level fifty instead of level one every time.
How to Unlock POTD?
To unlock POTD, you first have to reach level seventeen in any disciple of magic or disciple of war. Along with this level requirement, you also have to complete the storyline quest called “Into a Copper Hell.” To get this quest, go to Ul’dah and meet Momodi there. After both requirements are met, go to the Guild of Adventurers in New Gridania.
Find Nojiro Marujiro in the guild and take the “The House That Death Built” quest from him. This is a pretty simple task where you have to find the location of the Palace of the dead and enter it. The exact location of this dungeon is near the Quarrymill to the West of the South Shroud. Meet the wood wailer captain at the front of the dungeon and interact with him to enter the dungeon.
Compared to the other leveling systems, the leveling system of the Palace of the dead is quite different. The overall leveling system of FFXIV, along with stats and equipment, isn’t available in POTD. Instead, you will be given level one and have to progress from that point. In Palace of the dead, rank sixty is the level cap. Once outside of the dungeon, the overall leveling system will come into play again. The rank inside the dungeon has no effect on the outside performance of your character. You have to kill monsters and bosses to get experience points. For parties, the number of experience points is fixed.
Aetherpools and Pomanders are provided to players when they enter the dungeon. These contain exclusive items and are useable in the dungeon only. To increase the stats of the gear, you can enhance them as you clear floors. You can loot silver treasure coffers to get Aetherpools. The level cap for a piece of gear is ninety-nine in the dungeon. Both the power of the equipment and the level of the characters are synchronized, so you have to increase the character level to increase the power of the gears.
Pomanders are sets of unique items in the Palace of the dead that provides boons to the members of your party. To get pomanders in this dungeon, you have to access the gold coffers. Here are all the available pomanders in FFXIV, along with their effects.
Pomanders for the Current Floor
- Fortune – increases the chances of dropping treasure coffers
- Intuition – reveals the location of hidden treasure
- Lust – the transformation of the caster into the succubus
- Purity – clears the Pox status
- Rage – the transformation of the caster into the manticore
- Resolution – the transformation of the caster into Kuribu
- Raising – brings the already knocked-out member to the battlefield
- Safety – clears all traps
- Serenity – clears all floor enchantments
- Sight – shows the map of the current floor and the location of all hidden traps
- Steel – Reduces the damage by forty percent
- Strength – Increase the magic healing and boosts the damage by thirty percent
- Witching – turns enemies into imps, chickens, and frogs.
Pomanders For the Next Floor:
- Affluence – increases the number of available treasure coffers
- Alteration – replaces enemies with mimics or mandragora
- Flight – decreases the number of enemies
Rewards in the Palace of the Dead
In the Palace of the dungeon, you can get your hands on four different types of chests by defeating enemies. Each type of chest features different loots, including special items, consumables, armaments, and pomanders. MMOpixel provides players with FFXIV Gil on all the available game servers. Below are all the possible rewards that you can get in the Palace of the dead in FFXIV.
- Gold Coffer – provides you with pomanders
- Silver Coffer – upgrades Aetherpool armor and arms
- Bronze Coffer – provides Gelmorran potsherd or potions
- Cursed Hoard – exchangeable with the expedition bishop (At the South Shroud Quarrymill)
The rewards for party members depending on your progression in the dungeon. To learn about the loot of members of a party, here are all the details.
- Entering POTD at level 90 – Rewards include FFXIV Gil and the Allagan tomestones according to the progress in the dungeon
- receive Allagan tomestones and Gil based on the dungeon progress
- Entering POTD between level 50 to 89 – Rewards includes experience points, FFXIV Gil, and the Allagan tomestones according to the progress in the dungeon
- Entering POTD under level 50 – Rewards include FFXIV Gil and experience points only
- Reached floor 50 or 100 – Rewards include Gelmorran potsherd
- Cleared floor 50 and have +10 Aetherpool armor – Rewards include the Aetherpool grip