After months of rumors and speculations, along with a week full of leaks, the Fortnite Dragon Ball Event has become a reality. Goku, Vegeta, Lord Beerus, and Bulma all have dropped into the battle royal bringing new Dragon Ball-themed cosmetics, challenges, and weapons. Here is everything players should know about the crossover event.
A new tab labeled “Power Unleashed!” has been added to the game. Power Unleashed is full of Dragon Ball-related quests. Upon completion of these quests, players can begin to earn rewards.
There will be seven sets of quests to complete. With each set completed, players will earn a Dragon Ball and raise their Power Level. Upon raising power levels, players can earn rewards like the Dragon Radar Back Bling, Emotes, Sprays, and even Battle Pass levels. If gamers can manage to collect all seven Dragon Balls they can acquire the Shenron Glider.
The Power Unleashed quests and their rewards will be available until August 30, 2022, at 4 AM ET. It is stated that the Dragon Radar Back Bling and Shenron Glider are not exclusive to Power Unleashed quests. These items may be available later in the Item Shop for purchase.
Versus Boards allow players to compete against rival players against one another. Both players must opt into a battle by interacting with a Board on the Island, and when an opponent is chosen players have five minutes to claim victory.
Versus Boards have temporarily taken the place of Bounty Boards and can be found where Bounty Boards were previously located.
Dragon Ball Weapons
Players can now wield the powers of Son Goku. Goku’s signature moves the Kamehameha and his Nimbus Cloud have been added in the Battle Royale.
These items will be falling from the sky in deliveries invented by Capsule Corp throughout each match. The Kamehameha can launch a devastating energy beam at anyone while the Nimbus Cloud can be used to travel around the Island. More capsules will appear as the Storm closes.
The Kamehameha and Nimbus Cloud items are not in Competitive playlists, with the exception of the Tournament of Power.
On a very small island off the coast of the mainland Island, lies Kame house. The iconic Dragon Ball location houses Bulma, who is ready to provide some very powerful items to players.
Dragon Ball Super Festival
From August 16 until September 17, 2022, players can board a cruise ship created by the team at Vysena Studios, to watch select Dragon Ball Super episodes. Here are the following Island codes for specific episodes:
- Dragon Ball Super – Episode 09: Thanks for Waiting, Lord Beerus! A Super Saiyan God is Born at Last! 1356-5236-0901.
- Dragon Ball Super – Episode 10: Show Us, Goku! The Power of a Super Saiyan God!! 4149-8889-8252.
- Dragon Ball Super – Episode 11: Let’s Keep Going, Lord Beerus! The Battle of the Gods! 5893-7217-3843.
- Dragon Ball Super – Episode 13: Goku, Surpass Super Saiyan God! 2586-7170-0416.
- Dragon Ball Super – Episode 81: Bergamo the Crusher vs. Goku! Whose Strength Reaches the Wild Blue Yonder?! 5087-3838-8716.
- Dragon Ball Super – Episode 98: Ah, the Uncertainty! A Universe Despairs!! 3137-9391-7999.
Dragon Ball Adventure Island
Starting August 19, 2022 players can explore iconic locations from Dragon Ball. These locations include completing a ring course at Kami’s Palace, preparing food at Goku’s House, and running an obstacle course at the Room of Spirit & Time. These are just some of the challenges you will face on your mission to collect the Dragon Balls. If up for the challenge players can test their power in an open player-vs-player battle arena “Tenkaichi Budokai”
Tournament Of Power
Referencing the anime, a new Duos tournament dubbed the Tournament of Power will be taking place in all regions on August 18, 2022. Anyone who competes in this tournament can earn the following prizes:
- Top 50% on Main Leaderboard: Angry Vegeta Emoticon
- 8 Points Earned on Main Leaderboard: Goku’s Kanji Banner Icon
- 3 Points Earned from Eliminations with a Kamehameha: Beerus Eating Spray
- Fortnite Dragon Ball Tournament Of Power Rewards
The Tournament of Power will also feature an additional Kamehameha Leaderboard for eliminating players with the Kamehameha weapon. Earn 3 Kamehameha elimination points to be awarded the Beerus Eating Spray.
Players must have 2-Factor Authentication enabled and verified on their Epic account to participate, as well as be at account level 50 or above.
The Item Shop
Now available in the Fortnite item shops are the following cosmetics:
- Son Goku
- Lord Beerus
- Power Pole (Nyoibo): A mysterious staff given to Goku by Grandpa Gohan.
- The Seer Fish: Beerus’s forgetful prophet fish.
- Kamesennin’s Shell: Worn by Kamesennin himself.
- Power Pole (Nyoibo) Pickaxe: A mysterious staff given to Goku by Grandpa Gohan.
- Kamesennin’s Staff Pickaxe: Used by Kamesennin himself.
- Nimbus Cloud (Kintoun) Glider: A mysterious nimbus cloud given to Goku by Kamesennin.
- Space Pod Glider: Used mostly for the purpose of invading planets.
- Charging Up Emote: Show ’em what you’re made of.
- Fusion! Hah!!! Emote: Do you remember the dance steps?
- Boosting Ki Emote: Show off your power.
The Goku & Beerus Bundle includes the Goku Outfit, Power Pole (Nyoibo) Back Bling, Power Pole (Nyoibo) Pickaxe, Goku’s Charging Up Emote, Beerus Outfit, the Seer Fish Back Bling, and the Power Unleashed Loading Screen.
The Vegeta & Bulma Bundle includes the Vegeta Outfit, Vegeta’s Charging Up Emote, and Bulma Outfit.
The Dragon Ball Gear Bundle includes the Nimbus Cloud (Kintoun) Glider, Space Pod Glider, Fusion! Hah!! Emote, Kamesennin’s Staff Pickaxe, and Kamesennin’s Shell Back Bling.
You can find more pieces like “Everything To Know About Fortnite Dragon Ball Event” and you can “Like” The Game Haus on Facebook and “Follow” us on Twitter for more sports and esports articles from other great TGH writers along with Varno!
“From Our Haus to Yours“