A key part of fantasy baseball is finding the two start pitchers who offer plenty of points. A two-start pitcher will have a game on Monday or Tuesday then finish the week by starting on Saturday or Sunday.
The pitchers below rank between one and five stars with five stars being the better of the group.
Five Star Pitchers
- Max Scherzer: May 27 vs MIA, June 2 @ CIN
- Jacob deGrom: May 27 @ LAD, June 1 @ ARI
- Gerrit Cole: May 27 vs CHI, June 2 @ OAK
- Clayton Kershaw: May 27 vs NYM, June 1 vs PHI
- Zack Greinke: May 27 @ COL, June 1 vs NYM
- Luis Castillo: May 27 vs PIT, June 2 vs WSH
- Cole Hamels: May 27 @ HOU, June 2 @ STL
Max Scherzer looks to enjoy a solid week with two favorable matchups. Cole Hamels, on the other hand, has a tough week against the Astros and Cardinals.
Four Star Pitchers
- Masahiro Tanaka: May 28 vs SD, June 2 vs BOS
- Rick Porcello: May 27 vs CLE, June 1 @ NYY
- Rich Hill: May 28 vs NYM, June 2 @ ARI
- Mitch Keller: May 27 @ CIN, June 1 vs MIL
Mitch Keller recently got the call-up and is scheduled to make his debut starting game two of Monday’s doubleheader. Keller has some amazing pitches and should prove that he can stick around.
Tanaka is on a tear through his recent games and could finish just as well as the five star pitchers.
Three Star Pitchers
- Chris Bassitt: May 27 vs LAA, June 2 vs HOU
- Lucas Giolito: May 28 vs KC, June 2 vs CLE
- Marco Gonzales: May 28 vs TEX, June 2 vs LAA
- Jordan Lyles: May 28 @ CIN, June 2 vs MIL
- Adam Plutko: May 28 @ BOS, June 2 @ CHW
- Jefry Rodriguez: May 27 @ BOS, June 1 @ CHW
- Steven Matz: May 28 @ LAD, June 2 @ ARI
- Matt Strahm: May 27 @ NYY, June 2 vs MIA
- Gio Gonzales: May 27 @ MIN, June 2 @ PIT
- Jeff Samardzija: May 28 @ MIA, June 2 @ BAL
Some might have Giolito much higher on their rankings after he pitched a complete game shutout against the Astros. However, he ranks lower on this list due to his overall inconsistency throughout his time in the majors, expect him to return back to Earth this week.
Jeff Samardzija has pitched like a one or two-star pitcher but has great matchups this week and has value.
Jordan Lyles has pitched better on the road this season compared to his home starts. Lyles first game away against the Reds could earn fantasy points but isn’t worth the risk against the Brewers in his second start.
Two Star Pitchers
- Brad Keller: May 28 @ CHW, June 2 @ TEX
- Lance Lynn: May 27 @ SEA, June 1 vs KC
- Trevor Richards: May 28 vs SF, June 2 @ SD
- Merrill Kelly: May 28 @ COL, June 2 vs NYM
- Aaron Sanchez: May 27 @ TB, June 2 @ COL
- Michael Pineda: May 27 vs MIL, June 2 @ TB
- Jose Urena: May 27 @ WSH, June 1 @ SD
- Felix Pena: May 27 @ OAK, June 1 @ SEA
- Daniel Norris: May 27 @ BAL, June 2 @ ATL
The pitchers with a two-star rating have all shown that they can perform well but they haven’t done it consistently enough to stay on fantasy rosters.
Lance Lynn is a solid choice to stream this week due to his recent performances and is likely to be able to pitch seven or eight innings against the Mariners and Royals.
One Star Pitchers
- Homer Bailey: May 27 @ CHW, June 1 @ TEX
- Ivan Nova: May 27 vs KC, June 1 vs CLE
- Tommy Milone: May 27 vs TEX, June 1 vs LAA
- Nick Pivetta: May 28 vs STL, June 2 @ LAD
- Adam Wainwright: May 28 @ PHI, June 2 vs CHC
- Trevor Cahill: May 28 @ OAK, June 2 @ SEA
- Antonio Senzatela: May 28 vs ARI, June 2 vs TOR
- Ryan Weber: May 28 vs CLE, June 2 @ NYY
- Adrian Sampson: May 28 @ SEA, June 2 vs KC
- Gabriel Ynoa: May 27 vs DET, June 2 vs SF
All of the one-star pitchers will have trouble going deep into their games, limiting their points. If one player had to be chosen it would be Adrian Sampson due to his match ups. Only take a chance on these players if in desperate need for starts.