The 2022 NFL Draft is over, giving a clearer picture of rosters for the 2022 season. With that fantasy football rankings can be released. Here are the 2022 fantasy football tight end rankings. (Note: These are best used for standard-scoring leagues and will be updated until the season starts)
1. Travis Kelce, Kansas City Chiefs
While he was TE2 last season, Kelce will have to be leaned on in 2021. Tyreek Hill is now in Miami, so Kelce will likely be targeted more heavily now.
2. George Kittle, San Francisco 49ers
Kittle averaged 9.1 points per game in 14 games played. A change at quarterback to Trey Lance may limit him, but Kittle is still supremely talented.
3. Mark Andrews, Baltimore Ravens
The Ravens traded Marquise Brown away. Andrews was already one of the best tight ends, but he may need to pick up some of the slack left by Brown.
4. Kyle Pitts, Atlanta Falcons
Pitts ranked eighth last season as a rookie. He had over 1,000 receiving yards, but just one touchdown. More touchdowns this year will help him rise up the ranks.
5. Darren Waller, Las Vegas Raiders
In 2021, Waller battled injuries and averaged 7.1 points per game. If he stays healthy he could work his way back up to the ranks of the elite tight ends.
6. T.J. Hockenson, Detroit Lions
Hockenson averaged seven points per game last season, which would’ve ranked him in the top 10 had he played the full season. He should be able to reclaim his spot in the top 10 if healthy.
7. Dalton Schultz, Dallas Cowboys
Last season, Schultz was TE3. He has the potential to take over some of the targets that were lost by Amari Cooper leaving and the ones that Michael Gallup will leave on the table while recovering from injury.
8. Dallas Goedert, Philadelphia Eagles
Goedert seemed to form a good connection with Jalen Hurts in 2021, as he ranked eighth in 15 games played. He should finish around the same range in 2022.
9. Zach Ertz, Arizona Cardinals
The Cardinals were able to utilize Ertz last season and he averaged 6.3 points per game. He can help pick up the slack when DeAndre Hopkins is out with suspension.
10. Mike Gesicki, Miami Dolphins
Gesicki ranked 11th last year and should keep progressing in 2022.
11. Pat Freiermuth, Pittsburgh Steelers
While a new quarterback will be under center in Pittsburgh, Freiermuth had a solid rookie season that he can build on. He ranked 12th last year.
12. Dawson Knox, Buffalo Bills
Knox finished as TE6 in 2021. The Bills signed O.J. Howard, which could cut into some of his productivity, but he is still the more proven tight end.
13. Hunter Henry, New England Patriots
In his first season in New England, Henry ranked in the top 10. He should be able to get close in 2022, even with the Patriots investing some capital in wide receivers to spread the ball to in 2022.
14. Noah Fant, Seattle Seahawks
Fant ranked 13th last season in Denver and is back with his quarterback Drew Lock, albeit in a new city.
15. Robert Tonyan, Green Bay Packers
It might figure that Tonyan would get more work without Davante Adams in town, but the Packers don’t use tight ends consistently.
16. Logan Thomas, Washington Commanders
Thomas was injured in 2021 and is looking to bounce back in 2022.
17. Tyler Higbee, Los Angeles Rams
In 15 games played in 2021, Higbee ranked 14th. He should finish in the same range, as the Rams spread the ball around well.
18. Albert Okwuegbunam, Denver Broncos
With the Broncos trading Noah Fant to the Seahawks, Albert Okwuegbunam is getting a real chance after showing flashes.
19. Irv Smith Jr., Minnesota Vikings
Smith was injured last season and is one of the tight ends trying to reestablish himself in 2022.
20. David Njoku, Cleveland Browns
Like other Browns’ skill position players, Njoku’s production will be effected by the possible Deshaun Watson suspension.
21. Austin Hooper, Tennessee Titans
22. Taysom Hill, New Orleans Saints
23. Hayden Hurst, Cincinnati Bengals
24. Dan Arnold, Jacksonville Jaguars
25. Evan Engram, Jacksonville Jaguars
26. Jonnu Smith, New England Patriots
27. Gerald Everett, Los Angeles Chargers
28. Adam Trautman, New Orleans Saints
29. Cameron Brate, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
30. Mo Alie-Cox, Indianapolis Colts
Make sure to check out our Fantasy Football Page for more updates on the 2022 Fantasy Football Tight End Rankings!