The college football season is here. Every week, different news and notes will pop up, which will affect what happens on the field and off it. Here are the college football week 8 news and notes.
Journey Brown Could Miss Season
Penn State running back Journey Brown could miss the season after being treated for a medical issue this offseason. He had 890 rushing yards last season.
Penn State junior starting RB Journey Brown may not play this season. In a statement, school says Brown “is being treated for a medical condition discovered during the off-season & will potentially miss the 2020 football season.”
— Brett McMurphy (@Brett_McMurphy) October 20, 2020
Pooka Williams Opts Out to be Closer to Ailing Mother
Kansas running back Pooka Williams has opted out for the rest of the season to go home and be closer to his ailing mother. He released a statement on Twitter announcing the news.
Family over everything 💜.. I’m going to miss all my guys & coaches, it’s forever Rock Chalk🤞🏾 pic.twitter.com/5vV2dFUVuF
— Pooka Williams👣 (@PookaWilliamsJr) October 19, 2020
Jeff Brohm Tests Positive for COVID
Purdue head coach Jeff Brohm has tested positive for COVID. It is unlikely that he will be able to coach in Purdue’s season- opener against Iowa.
#Purdue coach Jeff Brohm says at his game week press conference that his positive COVID-19 test has been confirmed.
— GoldandBlack.com (@GoldandBlackcom) October 19, 2020
NC State’s Devin Leary Out 4-8 Weeks
NC State quarterback Devin Leary will be out 4-8 weeks with a broken fibula.
NC State QB Devin Leary had surgery on a broken fibula this morning and will be out 4-8 weeks, the school announced.
— Yahoo Sports College Football (@YahooSportsCFB) October 18, 2020
Other News and Notes:
- The Pac-12 has released tie-breaker rules and game cancellation policy.
- The MAC has released their schedule with times for the first two weeks of the season.
- New Mexico and Colorado State are unable to play due to the prevalence of COVID-19 in Bernalillo County. The game will be a no contest and will not be rescheduled
- The Gasparilla Bowl will be renamed the Union Home Mortgage Gasparilla Bowl.
- Marshall has added a Nov 7 game vs. UMASS.
- Tennessee defensive line coach Jimmy Brumbaugh has been let go.
This will be updated until Saturday kicks off!
Make sure to check out our college football page for more content!