The college football season is here. Every week, different news and notes will pop up, which will affect what happens on the field and off it. Here are the college football week 6 news and notes.
Wisconsin Fires Paul Chryst
Wisconsin has fired head coach Paul Chryst after the team started 2-3 on the season. Chryst had a 67-26 record over eight seasons with the team. He went 6-1 in bowl games and won double-digit games in four seasons, but not since 2019. Defensive coordinator Jim Leonhard has been named interim coach.
Colorado Fires Karl Dorrell
Colorado has fired head coach Karl Dorrell after the team started the season winless in five games. He had an 8-15 record at the school. Offensive coordinator Mike Sanford has been named interim coach.
Bryce Young is Day to Day with a Shoulder Sprain
Starting quarterback Bryce Young had to leave Alabama’s game against Arkansas with a sprained shoulder. He is day to day according to Nick Saban. Jalen Milroe filled in against Arkansas and is the likely starter for the Crimson Tide against Texas A&M this week if Young can’t go. The decision will be made on Saturday.
Other News and Notes
- LSU defensive back Sevyn Banks has returned from the hospital after going down with a head injury on the opening kickoff against Auburn.
- Oklahoma quarterback Dillon Gabriel is in the concussion protocol after leaving the game against TCU in week 5 with a head injury.
- Clemson DL Bryan Bresee won’t play against Boston College due to a kidney infection. It will be the second straight game he has missed.
- Ohio State RB TreVeyon Henderson is set to return from an injury against Michigan State.
- West Virginia RB CJ Donaldson is out against Baylor as he goes through concussion protocols.
- Several SMU players will sit out the rest of the season and transfer to preserve their eligibility.
- Kentucky quarterback Will Levis is questionable for Saturday’s game against South Carolina with an injury.
- Texas A&M quarterback Max Johnson has a broken bone in his hand and may be done for the season.
- Texas quarterback Quinn Ewers is set to return against Oklahoma this weekend after getting injured vs. Alabama.
This will be updated up until Saturday!
Make sure to check out our college football page for more content like College Football Week 6 News and Notes!