The college football season is here. Every week, different news and notes will pop up, which will affect what happens on the field and off it. Here are the college football week 6 news and notes.
Notre Dame has More Positive Tests
Notre Dame can’t clear themselves of the Coronavirus. More players have tested positive, which puts their game against Florida State in jeopardy.
October 5 – Testing Update pic.twitter.com/8sLNEi0aXG
— Notre Dame Football PR Team (@NDFootballPR) October 5, 2020
Sun Belt to Play Title Game Dec. 19
The Sun Belt announced they will play their title game on December 19. It will be televised at noon EST on ESPN.
The Sun Belt just announced that its title game will be played on Saturday, December 19 and be broadcast on ESPN or ESPN2.
— Yahoo Sports College Football (@YahooSportsCFB) October 5, 2020
Kansas State Agree to Extension With Chris Klieman
Kansas State and head coach Chris Klieman have agreed to a six-year extension. It will pay him almost $4 million annually.
Sources: Kansas State coach Chris Klieman has reached an agreement for a new contract. Klieman's 6-year deal goes to 2026 and will average close to $4 million annually, sources tell @yahoosports. His previous deal was through 2024 and averaged $2.8 million.
— Pete Thamel (@PeteThamel) October 5, 2020
Other News and Notes
- FSU quarterback Jordan Travis will start against Notre Dame this week.
- Deommodore Lenoir has opted back in for Oregon.
- Camryn Bynum has opted back in for Cal.
- Arizona head coach Kevin Sumlin has tested positive for COVID.
- The SEC is monitoring weather as a tropical storm could hit the Gulf of Mexico this week.
- Djimon Colbert has opted out for Iowa State.
This will be updated until Saturday kicks off!
Make sure to check out our college football page for more content!