The college football season is here. Every week, different news and notes will pop up, which will affect what happens on the field and off it. Here are the college football week 5 news and notes.
Georgia Tech Fires Geoff Collins
Georgia Tech has decided to fire Geoff Collins after a 1-3 start to the season. Collins went 10-28 since taking the job in 2019.
Hank Bachmeier Enters Transfer Portal
Boise State quarterback Hank Bachmeier has announced he will enter the transfer portal. He passed for 6,605 yards, 41 touchdowns and 19 interceptions on 61.5 percent completion in four seasons for the Broncos. The Broncos also fired offensive coordinator Tim Plough this week.
Texas A&M Wide Receiver Ainias Smith Out For Season
Texas A&M’s leading receiver Ainias Smith was injured against Arkansas. It has now been announced that he will miss the rest of the season with a leg injury. He had 15 receptions for 291 yards and two touchdowns on the season.
Northwestern to get New Stadium
Northwestern has approved of a rebuild for Ryan Field. The rebuild will lower the capacity by 12,000 to 35,000 total. It will be privately funded and there is no timetable currently set for its completion.
Other News and Notes
- Tennessee wide receiver Cedric Tilman had tightrope surgery on his ankle in an effort to return to the field sooner. There is no timetable for his return.
- Air Force receives probation from NCAA for two years for recruiting during COVID dead period.
- Hurricane Ian has moved the South Carolina State-South Carolina game to Thursday. Eastern Washington-Florida and SMU-UCF have been moved to Sunday.
- East Carolina-USF was moved to FAU stadium due to Hurricane Ian.
- Stanford running back E.J. Smith, the son of Emmitt, will miss the rest of the season with an injury.
This will be updated up until Saturday!
Make sure to check out our college football page for more content like College Football Week 5 News and Notes!