College football is now in season. With the more weeks that go on, more news and notes will be put together. Here are some of the things happening around the sport of college football heading into week 4.
Feleipe Franks is Out for Season
Florida quarterback Feleipe Franks is out for the season after dislocated and fractured his ankle against Kentucky this weekend. The Gators won the game with backup Kyle Trask taking over. They will be relying on Trask for the rest of the season.
Mullen says #Gators QB Feleipe Franks has a dislocated ankle with a fracture. He has surgery next week and is expected to have a 6-month recovery.
— Jacquie Franciulli (@JacquieFran_) September 16, 2019
Notre Dame Tight End Cole Kmet Will Play vs. Georgia
In a blockbuster matchup, Notre Dame will take on Georgia this weekend. The Fighting Irish are going to need to be at their best for the potential to upset the Bulldogs. They will have their tight end Cole Kmet for the first time this season.
Brian Kelly says Cole Kmet will play on Saturday at Georgia.
— Pete Sampson (@PeteSampson_) September 16, 2019
Joshua Kaindoh Out for Season
Florida State defensive end Joshua Kaindoh is out for the season with an ankle injury. He was carted off the field this weekend. Kaindoh has one sack on the season and eight in his career.
FSU DE Josh Kaindoh is out for the season with his ankle injury, Willie Taggart said.
— Warchant.com (@Warchant) September 16, 2019
Other News and Notes
- A 2020 Bowl Game between the ACC and AAC will be called the Fenway Bowl and be played at Fenway Park.
- The Pac-12 has admitted an officiating error in the game between Arizona State and Michigan State. MSU should have been given one more chance to kick the game-tying field goal at the end of regulation because an Arizona State player jumped over the line of scrimmage, which should have been a penalty.
- Texas Tech QB Alan Bowman will miss a few weeks with a shoulder injury.
- Colorado State QB Collin Hill is out for the season after tearing his ACL against Arkansas.
- Troy RB B.J. Smith will miss the rest of the season after suffering an injury to Southern Miss.
- Nick Saban noted that freshman defensive lineman Antonio Alfano has quit Alabama.
- Alabama DL LaBryan Ray is out six weeks after surgery on his injured foot.
- An HBO show has been confirmed that will follow the Washington State, Arizona State, Florida and Penn State. It will cover a one-week period with the schools.
- Ohio State running back Howard “Hopalong” Cassady has passed away at the age of 85. He won the Heisman Trophy in the 1955 season.
This will be updated up until week 4 kicks off!
Make sure to check out our college football page for more updates and rankings.