The college football season is here. Every week, different news and notes will pop up, which will affect what happens on the field and off it. Here are the college football week 13 news and notes.
BYU vs. Washington?
There are reports that Washington and BYU are trying to schedule a game for this weekend. Washington’s game vs. Washington State was canceled due to COVID cases at Washington State. So far, the game isn’t happening, but things could change.
Source: Some context on the potential BYU-Washington game. BYU is interested in playing, but only if they can lock in a contract immediately. They are concerned that Pac-12 will make UW play Utah on Sunday if ASU can't play. "If we can get a game locked in, we want to play."
— Pete Thamel (@PeteThamel) November 23, 2020
Dabo Accuses Florida State for Finding Excuse to Cancel Game
This past weekend, Clemson traveled with a player who ended up testing positive for COVID, which caused the Tigers’ game against Florida State to be canceled. Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney is saying that the COVID positive test was just an excuse to cancel the game.
Dabo Swinney had some strong words about the canceled game at Florida State. 👀
— Yahoo Sports (@YahooSports) November 23, 2020
COVID in College Football
Here is a list of games canceled and postponed for the week, plus any other COVID news.
- Washington vs. Washington State canceled
- Utah vs. Arizona State moved to Sunday
- San Diego State vs. Fresno State canceled
- Ohio State head coach Ryan Day tests positive for COVID
- New Era Pinstripe Bowl canceled
- Colorado vs. USC canceled
- Colorado to host San Diego State in place of USC
- Alabama head coach Nick Saban tests positive for COVID
- Colorado State vs. Air Force canceled.
- Oklahoma vs. West Virginia postponed
- Cincinnati vs. Temple canceled
- Minnesota vs. Wisconsin canceled
- Tulsa vs. Houston postponed
- Southern Miss vs. UAB canceled
- Louisiana Tech vs. FIU canceled
- Arkansas vs. Missouri postponed
- Charlotte vs. Western Kentucky moved to Tuesday
Make sure to check out our college football page for more content!