In Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, a weapon Blueprint, also known as a weapon variant, offers a new twist on the guns the community knows and loves. Each Blueprint has a unique name and cosmetic differences with pre-existing attachments that players may not have unlocked yet.
Because the attachments are already given, players won’t need to level up the weapon to unlock specific attachments as they have already been equipped. Users can still swap in and out of the available attachments for a weapon on a blueprint, but to unlock the remaining attachments, they will have to level up the weapon organically.
How to Equip Blueprints in Modern Warfare
To equip the weapon blueprint, head over to Multiplayer and select Weapons from the menu options. Select the designated weapon and then select Armory. Once Armory is opened up, it will show the weapon list of available blueprints down below. It works the same as Gunsmith in that players can customize whichever attachments and perks they choose; the only difference is the look and attachment availability. If a weapon is at its max level, weapon blueprints act more as a cosmetic showoff or a play-style guideline than anything else.
How to Get Blueprints in Modern Warfare
Blueprints can be earned in a variety of ways and are available across all Multiplayer modes, including the popular free-to-play battle royale Warzone. If a player pre-ordered the game back in October, a few weapon blueprints would already be in waiting, so be on the lookout for Blueprints in the Armory. To earn Blueprints, players need to purchase bundles from the in-game Store which feature them, purchase the Battle Pass and unlock them as players climb up the tiers, or unlock Blueprints in-game via Challenges.
Be sure to check the in-game Store regularly to see what Blueprints are up for grabs. It also doesn’t hurt to read up on the Challenges that offer free Blueprints. While the Challenges take some time, most aren’t that difficult to complete. To view available Challenges, head to the Barracks tab in Multiplayer, and scroll over to Multiplayer Challenges section. Switch over from Daily Challenges to Missions, and from there, a list of missions should show up. Each mission comes with a different loot item. Some offer XP tokens while others offer Blueprint rewards, so take your pick and start earning loot.
The Best Blueprints in Modern Warfare
There are too many Blueprints to count in Modern Warfare. Fortunately, the Game Haus has put together a top ten list of the best cosmetic Blueprints to use in-game. The list features the base weapon, the rarity tier, and how to unlock the Blueprint.
- Trust Fund (AUG – Legendary – Blueprint included in the “Midas Touch” Store Bundle)
- Long Arm (Kar98k – Epic – Tier 55 of the Season 1 Battle Pass)
- Devourer (Oden – Legendary – Blueprint included in the “Carnivorous” Store Bundle)
- Dame Fortuna (AUG – Epic – Blueprint included in the “Lady Luck” Store Bundle)
- Grub (Kilo 141 – Legendary – Blueprint included in the “Insecticide” Store Bundle)
- Jumping Spider (M4A1 – Legendary – Blueprint included in “The Recluse” Store Bundle)
- Breakup (M4A1 – Legendary – Blueprint included in the “Tracer Pack: Anime” Store Bundle)
- Khemical (FAL – Legendary – Blueprint is only available in the COD Warzone modes)
- Refractor (FAL – Legendary – Blueprint included in the “Tacticolor III” Store Bundle)
- Utility Tool (SKS – Legendary – Tier 100 of Season 3 Battle Pass)
Follow me on Twitter: @sevinskie
Join the Atlanta FaZe subreddit here.
Watch the Call of Duty League live here.
Featured Image Courtesy of Infinity Ward.
Follow The Game Haus for more sports and esports coverage.