The date for the mid-season Apex Legends Ranked Split for Season 8 is rapidly approaching. This split will occur on March 23, 2021 at 12:30pm EST (9:30am PST). Then 30 minutes later, the new split will begin. This split will take King’s Canyon out of the ranked map pool and replace it with Olympus. There is also a soft reset on Ranked Points (RP), with all players dropping down one and a half ranks (e.g. from Gold 1 to Silver 3).
Apex Ranked Split: Season 8 Rewards
With each Ranked season, there are certain awards that players can earn. They are as follows:
- Badge indicating highest rank acquired
- Gun charm indicating highest rank acquired
- Diamond dive trail (7200 RP)
- Master’s dive trail (10,000 RP)
- Predator dive trail (Top 750 players)
The caveat here is that these awards will not be available now but instead when Season 9 starts. Season 9 will be sometime in early May 2021. Additionally, the dive trails are temporary, as players can only use them throughout Season 9.
Apex Ranked Split: Season 8 Changes
At the beginning of Season 8, Respawn made several changes to the ranked system. They are as follows:
- RP rewards begin at placement 13 instead of 10 in a match.
- Kill/Assist count has been raised to 6
- Assist Threshold Increased to 10 seconds after dealing damage to a target that is killed by someone else (up from 7.5)
- Predator has been increased to the top 750 players
- Matchmaking Tightening
- Players below Diamond will matchmake much more often within their own Ranks.
These changes allow skilled players to climb faster, and evens out the skill gaps at the highest tiers of the ranked system. With the upcoming Apex Ranked Split, players will have even more opportunities to climb the ladder and be rewarded for it.
Featured image courtesy of Respawn Entertainment.
You can also follow Matthew @setanta_ow or message him on Discord (setanta#2155).
Apex Ranked Split