The small, frequent balance updates keep coming, which is quite the pleasant surprise compared to what we were used to.
This patch consists mainly of quite a few minor tweaks, mainly buffs and only a handful of nerfs. Let’s see the most important ones:
* Flux cooldown reduced from 20 to 18
* Tempest Double duration increased from 12/13/14 to 12/14/16
* Tempest Double cooldown reduced from 50/40/30 to 40/35/30
The ex-rat will most likely keep getting minor boosts until people consider him playable again. I still believe he has decent ganking/control potential.
* Track self gold reduced from 170/260/350 to 150/250/35
Gondar’s incomes have been reduced once more. He’s still going to be a very valid pick.
* Brewmaster’s Earth attack range increased from 128 to 150
* Brewmaster’s Fire attack increased range from 128 to 150
* Brewmaster’s Fire armor increased from 0 to 0/3/6
* Primal Split duration increased from 15/17/19 to 16/18/20
Return of the Panda? This guy has some decent laning and team fight potential. I think right now he’s one of the underrated ones.
* Rocket Flare radius increased from 575 to 600
* Power Cogs cast point improved from 0.3 to 0.2
* Power Cogs radius increased from 200 to 215
* Spirit Siphon base health drain reduced from 25 to 16
A much needed nerf on Krobelus, who’s found her way into the top pick material once more.
* Static Storm silence no longer lingers for 0.5 seconds after the duration is over
More important than it may sound. Disruptor is one of the most favoured supports right now because of his extremely good control.
* Black Hole damage type from Magical to Pure and pierces Spell Immunity
* Black Hole damage reduced from 55/110/165 to 50/100/150
Puppey must be really happy right now.
* Magnetize cooldown increased from 80 to 100/90/80
This Hero keeps getting nerfed and is still powerful. His early game will be hindered a bit, but I doubt it’s enough to put him down.
* Forge Spirit damage decreased from 29/38/47/56/65/74/83 to 22/32/42/52/62/72/82
* Torrent slow duration increased from 1/2/3/4 to 1.75/2.5/3.25/4
* Tidebringer bonus damage increased from 25/40/55/70 to 25/45/65/85
With the new torrent slow duration he may have a good chance as a roamer/support.
* Base attack time increased from 1.7 to 1.85
For those who may not know, Base attack time is, simply put, the cooldown of a Hero’s right click attacks. N’aix has become a beast with the new items, and this will reduce his overall damage output.
* Ignite manacost reduced from 95/105/115/125 to 90
* Multicast interval increased from 0.4 to 0.5
Ogre will be able to spam his slow a lot more often in the early game, perhaps making for a very good roaming support. The second change is a buff. It means the target will be stunned longer with a multicast from Fireblast.
* Essence Aura mana bonus increased from 75/150/225/300 to 125/200/275/350
* Arcane Orb Intelligence steal duration increased from 50 to 60
Did you miss him? While I think OD still was a very valid (not broken) Hero after the nerf, this will maybe allow people to reconsider picking him.
* Phantom Strike can now target Spell Immune heroes
Arguably the best buff of this patch. Mortred would lose a lot of her damage output against BKBed enemies. She’s slowly but steadily becoming a scary assassin.
* Sunray base damage reduced from 15/20/25/30 to 10/15/20/25
The new trend, Sunray Phoenix. It’s a good nerf, I think we’re still going to see him flying around regardless.
* Smoke Screen mana cost increased from 75/80/85/90 to 90
Roaming Rikis are a common sight nowadays. This will hurt his already low manapool a bit.
* Base damage increased by 6
The return of jungle Treant? Iron Tallon certainly allows for it.
* Berserker’s Rage no longer provides 100 Health Bonus
* Strength increased from 17 to 20
* Berserker’s Rage armor bonus increased from 3 to 6
* Berserker’s Rage base attack time improved from 1.55 to 1.5
* Ranged Whirling Axes travel distance increased from 945 to 1000
While he isn’t the monster he was about over a year ago, Troll can really still pack a serious punch; he’s also the type of carry that doesn’t forgive mistakes, as after one team fight he can really threaten the enemy base.
* Intelligence gain increased from 2.5 to 2.8
* Decay cast range increased from 625 to 650
* Decay duration increased from 40 to 45
Ever since his level 1 Tombstone requires only 3 hits to destroy, he’s really been forgotten. Once again though, I think people overreact to certain changes. Undying can still very dangerous if played properly.
* Strength and Agility reduced from 15 to 14
* Attack Range bonus increased from 130 to 140
* Attack Range bonus increased from 130 to 140
* Active now grants 100 Attack Speed for the 4 attacks it provides on the target
Hurricane Pike can now have a more aggressive as well as a defensive use. It’s true that ranged right-clickers have more use for damage rather than survivability.
Full patch notes: